Is Britain be-coming a third world country?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What are the hallmarks of a third world country,have a leader who is unelected perhaps, a health system where people dread going into hospital in case they catch a deadly disease, a financial system where people queue up for days to get their money out before it collapses, you have kids who used to play with catapults now use 9mm pistols to take each other out, Where could this country be i wonder.

Sponsored Links
One main criteria for becoming a third world country must be a significant portion of the population dying from malnutrition one would think?

Sponsored Links
As in 3 billion people existing on less than £1 a day.

Stating £1 per day is meaningless. £1 a day is more than enough if a loaf of bread cost 0.1p. Money is only relavant when compared to costs of commodities in any country.

...if a loaf of bread cost 0.1p.

That was a big if ;)

Purely meant as an example of the meaningless statement of living on £1 per day. It all depends on the cost of commodities in the society you are referring to!!!!!!

If you think this is a third world country it might be an idea to spend some time in the poorest parts of Africa.

Things might not be great right now, but at least we have free health care and government support if we need it.

...if a loaf of bread cost 0.1p.

That was a big if ;)

Purely meant as an example of the meaningless statement of living on £1 per day. It all depends on the cost of commodities in the society you are referring to!!!!!!

An example that was really a grossly exagerated fabrication.

Whereas it is a fact that many people in poor third world countries exist on extremely low equivalent incomes.

i think the relevance here is that if you had a thousand pounds or dollars, it would be worthless in a country with no food or tradable goods available for sale.

if some of the third world inhabitants could read the posts on this thread I wonder if they'd be smiling ;)

since the term third world is originally a political one and was derived from countries and their allegiences to non-communism (first world) or communism (second world) or to neither (third world) then no we are not. If you take it at todays meaning asit has evolved, then no we are definetly not.

Why does no-one ever look on the good side of life on this forum? Are you all so happy permanently looking down at your feet and being miserable? A bunch of beggers sitting on a beach of gold if you ask me.

Sponsored Links
Back