Is Britain be-coming a third world country?

National Insurance is used to fund the NHS.

"Like Income Tax, National Insurance Contributions (NICs) are deducted at source from people's earnings. They are then paid into the National Insurance Fund, a proportion of which is allocated to the National Health Service, with the rest funding contributory benefits. "

Also, in 2002, Gordon Brown raised National Insurance contributions in order to bail the NHS out of the ****e.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/1934690.stm

If N.I. isn't suposed to pay for health care, somebody forgot to tell Gordon Brown

Sponsored Links
if we look back to THE 50S AND 60S people didnt always have holidays
people had rickets and other deaseases connected with malnutricion and crowded /slum housing
holiday where for the rich as where cars
48hrs or more was a "basic" working week
people often died before they retired through old age industrial accident or ill health

where we a third world country then!!!!!!!

i also agree with thermo to many people winging and being negative :D :D ;)

Sponsored Links
The question i asked was ' is Britain becoming a 3rd world country' i wasn't saying Britain is a 3rd world country. More and more people are sliding into poverty, the institutions such as the banks which people used to trust are not what they used to be causing people to lose faith, 1,000s are dying every year of diseases contracted while they were in hospital, people are being stabbed and shot just for looking at some one the wrong way.

at worst 5 percent of the population will be in abject poverty

at worst 5 percent of the population will be at risk of stabbing

at worst 5 percent of the population will be at risk of catching an illness whilst in hospital

at worst 5 percent of the population will be at risk of being shot

i would suggest when these numbers increses 10 fold and the fabric of society colapses [no millitery no police no social networks official or otherwise then we have a problem

realy not shure why you mention poverty desease and crime as making us a 3rd world country at the height of the british empire all these things where several times worse and we certainly wernt not looked upon as a 3rd world country ;)

It seems to me that overpopulation of the planet is the problem. We have limited resources and there is becoming a problem with supply. (food, water, oil, metals etc)

It seems to me that overpopulation of the planet is the problem. We have limited resources and there is becoming a problem with supply. (food, water, oil, metals etc)
Ditto

It would seem with liberal views prevailing that the situation will have to get much, much worse to reach critical point to improve!
As for a nation of poor, I think not. There will always be an isolated band of people "in charge" of the mass that are VERY comfortable.

Re. to National Health Services. Have you tried to use these services lately?? Its absolutely terrible!

Re. to National Health Services. Have you tried to use these services lately?? Its absolutely terrible!

To answer your question.... Yes I have or at least a close family member has, and from initial contact (ambulance) to ongoing rehab and aftercare nothing short of total professionalism and compassion

It must be regional as the NHS is brilliant where I live, great facilities and service and you get seen quickly.

Not so good in Staffs, they wrote to my mother asking words to the effect of "do you still want the operation?". Appalling.

Well get Private heathcare if you are going to holiday in Cumbria! Don't get me wrong, some of the people working in the NHS are brilliant. But get dragged down by doctors & consultants (or is that accountants?)

Not so good in Staffs, they wrote to my mother asking words to the effect of "do you still want the operation?". Appalling.

It's better than people failing to show isn't it? What's wrong with asking about elective surgery?

Sponsored Links
Back