Is it possible to cut bath panels without ruining them?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
2100 wall to take 1800 bath/shower. I'm putting studs using bathroom boards at each end to bring the 2100 down to 1800ish (just over), but the stud at the taps end will cover that whole wall to lose the pipework for new sink/toilet also.

The face of the tiles infringing on the plan/footprint of the bath is fine above the bath, but as the tiles continue out past the vertical edge of the shower screen & drop down the stud below the rim of the bath they'll foul the taps end of the panel? I'm pretty sure that tiles are supposed go on after the bath is in, & my current wreck of a bathroom has that arrangement.

This is the intended orientation:

https://royalbathrooms.co.uk/cesar-...g&utm_term=4575067887086655&utm_content=Cesar

Sponsored Links
Yes, depends on what, thick acrylic or wood? You would always want to put the panel on after the tiles so it can be taken off.

The trick with acrylic is tape the cutting edge, mark it and support it underneath along that edge with a piece of wood or similar, only cut on the downward stroke using a fine toothed plastic saw, it's excellent for cutting acrylic/pvc. Take your time and don't go too hard at it.

Finish the tile end with a narrow piece of moulding once it's fitted or a bead of silicone if you're practiced at it.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
I've used an angle grinder with a 1mm (thin) metal or general purpose blade for that.

(in fact I've used an angle grinder for almost everything .... how did I get by before I had one?)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back