Is it time for a wealth tax?

If we got what we paid in, I'd have enough to fund my own copper and nurse.

Sponsored Links
One of the aspects that gets me is this one

Your Personal Allowance goes down by £1 for every £2 that your adjusted net income is above £100,000. This means your allowance is zero if your income is £125,000 or above.

You’ll also need to do a Self Assessment tax return.

It could be tapered from some other number and the value could as well.

Then child benefits and no account of household income. Do some have more children than they can really afford even with it. Difficult that one.

Child minding so people can go out and work
  • For working families, including the self-employed, in the UK
  • Earning under £100k and at least £139 per week (equal to 16 hours at the National Minimum or Living Wage) each
  • Who aren't receiving Tax Credits, Universal Credit or childcare vouchers
  • With children aged 0-11 (or 0-16 if disabled)
  • For every £8 you pay into an online account, the government will add an extra £2, up to £2,000 per child per year
With those and care homes people are also likely to be paying the loan that provided the building.

Tampering with these changes how much a lot of people finish up with so in some respects fairness doesn't come into it.

Sponsored Links
There are some people who, due to poverty or ill-health, take out more than they put in.

No surprise, then, that those of us who are more fortunate do otherwise.

You wouldn't want to change places with the poor, disabled or sick.

I wonder what Philip and Tina Green put in

Is it time for a wealth tax?

Yes....... But not if this encourages the rich to leave town. Its a hard one to juggle. ..... Even for a juggler

That's just an empty threat.

If they won't pay their way, who wants them?

I wonder what Philip and Tina Green put in

Looks like he/wife is doing a BHS again
The compilers of the list described Arcadia Group, which includes Topshop, Burton and Dorothy Perkins, as “worthless” due to huge debts. The couple’s stake in the business had been valued at £750m last year. It is the first time in 17 years that Green has not been included among the UK’s billionaires.

That's just an empty threat.

If they won't pay their way, who wants them?

Lewis Hamilton and his like shouldn't be able to represent this country if he doesn't want to pay taxes to the UK.
Some however will take their wealth and jobs with them.

Highly likely.

One of the problems is it's never possible to know how much some one will eventually take back - bit like insurance but minus the profit aspects that has. ;) Or should be. There probably is some degree of inefficiency in all state areas. That tends to happen in any large organisation state private or otherwise.

The NHS is the interesting one. Want better, simple pay more. People wont realise that better is a good idea until they have lots of years under their belt and seen peoples experiences with it. That doesn't mean old either really.

Based on current figures - I pay about 10 x my "share".

Sponsored Links
Back