Is it time to ban cigarettes/tobacco?

Aaron.

So you want heroin and crystal meth legalising then?

Why not? Current policy doesn't work and has been a waste of tens of billions of pounds worldwide. The 'war on drugs' will never be won so it's a fruitless exercise continuing with it. Nobody is advocating that you would be able to freely buy hard drugs down the local newsagents. What people who favour legalisation favour is drug policy being treated as a health matter rather than a criminal matter. People would be treated properly for their addiction and not left to fend for themselves and at the mercy of drug dealers.

The only people who benefit from the current situation are the drug dealers.

Don't you think it's ridiculous that drugs that have zero recorded deaths are illegal yet drugs which kill 100's thousands a year are legal? The last government criminalised magic mushrooms. So now rather than going to a shop and speaking to somebody who knows what they're taking about and getting solid advice, people who want to try it now have to go and find them themselves which is potentially very dangerous. Criminalising things doesn't reduce demand, so why don't they just make it safer for everyone involved?

MDMA is another drug which is vilified in the press when in fact it's a fairly safe drug. The vast majority of deaths from ecstasy come from contaminated drugs that have been mixed with crap or from dehydration/hyponatremia because the user hasn't been educated on how to use the drugs and has only been fed false scare stories in the tabloid press. Under legalisation for instance, ecstasy would be regulated and people would be educated on there safe use. This is far safer than what currently happens.

Some people need to open their eyes a bit and realise that the vast majority of people who take drugs are just normal people, who hold down respectable jobs and lead normal lives. For whatever reason people often prefer to smoke cannabis or take magic mushrooms, rather than drink 10 pints down the local. What's the problem?

This article is interesting..http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/5230006.stm

Sponsored Links
And the druggies want drugs legalised which the government would tax and fall well short of paying for the damage caused just like fags.

Cheaper to have all drugs legal and free, think of the savings on crime and imprisonment.

I just read this and it blows holes in your argument...
http://www.caselaw4cops.net/articles/legalizing_drugs.html[/QUOTE]

Lots of holes in that statement as well. American to start with :rolleyes:

Care to point them out?
I'm surprised searle didn't do a dissection on the content.

Sponsored Links
Some people need to open their eyes a bit and realise that the vast majority of people who take drugs are just normal people

Someone who injects heroin into their body is "normal"? Whats your definition of someone abnormal?

If they legalise drugs I hope they arm the "normal" population with guns taliban style because they'll need them to fend off the zombies.

Some people need to open their eyes a bit and realise that the vast majority of people who take drugs are just normal people

Someone who injects heroin into their body is "normal"? Whats your definition of someone abnormal?

If they legalise drugs I hope they arm the "normal" population with guns taliban style because they'll need them to fend off the zombies.

Did you miss out the bit where i said the 'vast majority'? Obviously the heroin addicts & crack addicts aren't normal people and are suffering from a horrible addiction. But you know what *shock horror* not every drug user is a heroin addict robbing old grannies to feed their addictions. I know the tabloid press want you middle englanders to think that way but i'm afraid your wrong. I know many many people who have very successful careers who also like to occasionally dabble in recreational drugs. The fact that you think every drug user is a junkie just highlights your complete ignorance on the subject. God help us if we were to be shooting anybody who had taken drugs. We'd be shooting half the country.

Just out of interest, do you like a drink?

But you know what *shock horror* not every drug user is a heroin addict robbing old grannies to feed their addictions

So you admit this, yet when asked...

Your answer is...

Peculiar. Maybe when its your granny getting bashed over the head you might think differently.

Then the above was a totally insane statement then.
Another form then I assume.

But you know what *shock horror* not every drug user is a heroin addict robbing old grannies to feed their addictions

So you admit this, yet when asked...

Your answer is...

Peculiar. Maybe when its your granny getting bashed over the head you might think differently.

Admit what? I admitted that 99.9% of drug users aren't junkies robbing old grannies to feed their habits. Just like 99.9% of people who drink Alcohol drink it sensibly. Your the one trying to paint a false story that every drug user must be a junkie. Drop your copy of the Daily Mail and get into the real world. People have and always will take drugs, it's a fact of life. Prohibition never has and never will work so why do we continue to throw money away on something that is such a failure?

Must be so hard getting on with your daily life trying to dodge all those druggies that are out to rob you :rolleyes:

If you think we need a population dependent on hard drugs - then you really are a spanner. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back