Is Stockton on Tees a ****hole?

Sponsored Links
On my walk from Upton Park station to my workshop, this is just a sample of the trash I saw in Labour run ****hole Newham.

IMG_0386.jpeg
IMG_0385.jpeg
IMG_0383.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Most places are sh1tholes, especially if you visit on bin day.

How many British towns do people flock to in their holidays? Not many.

I live in Stockton-on-Tees. Have done all my life!

It doesn't look good in the statistics. But like anywhere, it has its good and bad parts.

The town centre is pretty dire, but I don't think it's any worse than neighbouring Middlesbrough or Darlington. In fact, I went to Chester a couple of years ago, which I remember being a lovely attractive and bustling place. Guess what? It's pretty similar to Stockton now. Dreadful.

Stockton's been a picture of industrial decline since the 1960s. Certainly not a recent problem. I think it's been Labour-controlled pretty much always. I think 'safe areas' could be part of the problem (Labour or Tory). I think if the local leaders had to earn their votes, then they might think a little harder about representing their voters.

There are plus points up here. Things are cheaper. There is more space - less people. I would like to see more local power so that taxes/rates etc. can be competitively set to encourage business. There is no reason why real jobs cannot exist here, rather than the Blair-style extended public purse (equivalent of paying people to dig holes and fill them again).

If only Labour run councils weren’t so wasteful they might get more.

City hall conservatives :ROFLMAO:

wasteful you say…what like Conservatives spaffing billions on bogus PPE contracts, or £250 million on propaganda brexit adverts, or £140 on Rwanda scheme that was designed to fail, or£32b on test n trace

Zero evidence that has got anything to do with Labour council.
Oh shut up you Labour apologist! They run the street cleaning operation through the whole borough. If it’s not them failing to clean the streets, who is it? Maybe it’s the section of the Newham population that has come over from ****hole countries and think they are still at home? Good job we don’t have a river running through Green Street - it might end up looking like the Ganges!

IMG_5771.jpeg

Last edited:
wasteful you say…what like Conservatives spaffing billions on bogus PPE contracts, or £250 million on propaganda brexit adverts, or £140 on Rwanda scheme that was designed to fail, or£32b on test n trace
The man in the street doesn’t see that but he can’t help seeing piles of shìt building up in the street and wondering where the money he paid to the council for these services has gone.

In France at the moment and haven't really seen any litter in the towns. Imagine it may be different in some big cities. Other noticeable things are the uncrowded roads a almost free of potholes. Roads in Bristol are turning third world. Spend all the time driving weaving around them to save my suspension.

Sponsored Links
Back