Is the government stupid or are they being ingenious

Sponsored Links
They feel like political decisions rather than 'following the science'.

I believe the normal response to failing to keep to vaccination schedules is to restart afresh. Similar for mixing and matching different brands.

If I'm feeling depressing it's yet another example of the Government trying to rush things back to normal before it's safe to do so.

It's all about getting more doses down to the lower risk people earlier at the cost of uncertain levels of increased risk for everyone. I just don't get the logic.

Sponsored Links
I stopped reading after the first sentence.

Amid a sputtering vaccine rollout and fears of a new and potentially more transmissible variant of the coronavirus, Britain has quietly updated its vaccination playbook to allow for a mix-and-match vaccine regimen. If a second dose of the vaccine a patient originally received isn’t available, or if the manufacturer of the first shot isn’t known, another vaccine may be substituted, health officials said.

Sputtering rollout?, I now of 27 countries in Europe who are way behind us.

Amid a sputtering vaccine rollout and fears of a new and potentially more transmissible variant of the coronavirus, Britain has quietly updated its vaccination playbook to allow for a mix-and-match vaccine regimen. If a second dose of the vaccine a patient originally received isn’t available, or if the manufacturer of the first shot isn’t known, another vaccine may be substituted, health officials said.

Sputtering seems accurate, if perhaps a bit harsh, we're vaccinating but it hasn't been smooth.

Maybe they've put some thought and planning into the rollout.

I wonder how long they thought about turning down 500 million Pfizer doses and purchasing 300 million doses of Sanofi doses.
Probably how we felt about turning down Moderna. But this thread isn't about Europe.

Sponsored Links
Back