Vaccine Passport...

No one said it did, what does 100% transmission mean?

Ok. Who said it did?

100% transmission means vaccinated people transmit virus exactly the same as unvaccinated people.

What % do you think is inferred by “can’t prevent transmission”

Sponsored Links
"what they [the vaccines] can't do anymore is prevent transmission"

If you don't agree with the CDC, fair enough - but what does it say?

example: owning a car can’t prevent accidents.

Does that mean: if you drive your car, you will have an accident?

No.

Strangely enough I don't need to interpret it.

It says "what they [the vaccines] can't do anymore is prevent transmission".

If you want to use the statement “vaccines can’t prevent transmission” as an argument to claim “vaccine passports are pointless”, then you do need to interpret it.

Sponsored Links
If you want to use the statement “vaccines can’t prevent transmission” as an argument to claim “vaccine passports are pointless”, then you do need to interpret it.
Ah, I will admit, as I already have, that I did not realise that you think the passports are to protect the UNvaccinated.
That hadn't occurred to me.

If they are, and I'm still not sure, it does make some of the statements regarding the unvaccinated and the analogies used somewhat dubious.

Do you or others mean that you think the unvaccinated are selfish, horrible scumbags who should be locked away because you would not want them in the pub, or similar, in case they catch it off you and might die?

Is that it?

Irrelevant.

FFS. Read what it says.

“What the vaccines can’t do any more is prevent transmission”

I interpret that to mean: “vaccinated people only transmit the virus in 0.00000001% of cases.

therefore I conclude vaccine passports are worthwhile.

Try and prove my argument is untrue.

Ah, I will admit, as I already have, that I did not realise that you think the passports are to protect the UNvaccinated.
That hadn't occurred to me.

If they are, and I'm still not sure, it does make some of the statements regarding the unvaccinated and the analogies used somewhat dubious.

Do you or others mean that you think the unvaccinated are selfish, horrible scumbags who should be locked away because you would not want them in the pub, or similar, in case they catch it off you and might die?

Is that it?

3 points:

1)the vaccine may reduce transmission by a considerable level.

2) vaccinated people can still catch the virus and may be infectious, but current thinking is the viral load drops faster than an unvaccinated person

3) businesses have a duty of care for workers - if you turn up to work on a building site in flip flops, even though you may only harm yourself…..the employer has a duty to prevent an accident. Same philosophy applies to vaccinated people.

There have been cases where teenagers have climbed over a fence into private land and have fallen down a hole and broken their ankle….and the teenager has got compensation because there was no protection against falling.

How do you come to that interpretation?

What is the equivalent for unvaccinated people?

I can reach that interpretation because

“can’t prevent transmission” does not mean the same as “will cause transmission” or “has caused transmission” or (more usefully) a qualified statement such as “reduces transmission by xyz%”

therein lies the problem with the phrase “can’t prevent transmission” it provides only a theoretical scenario and it can’t be used as an argument against or for vaccine passports.

I don't want to catch Covid-19, despite being vaccinated because being sick isn't fun, and dying is something I'm hoping to try with much later in life.

I know that vaccination reduces the risk of catching Covid and reduces the chance of passing the infection on.

That means I would be happier going to a place if I know that there are no unvaccinated people going. If my local cinema had a vaccine passport rule then I'd probably go, but since they don't I can't see myself going to see a film this year.

If my local cinema had a vaccine passport rule then I'd probably go, but since they don't I can't see myself going to see a film this year

those selfish unjabbed people are stopping me go the cinema this year.

mind you, I’ve not been to the cinema for 18 years, but it’s the principle :D

notchy is so convinced about the 'virus'...

Just like he was so convinced about brexit...

And he still won't provide any evidence to his claims about the 'virus'...

How odd :rolleyes:
Why do you put the word virus in inverted commas?

Why do you put the word virus in inverted commas?
It's a little thing from conspiracy websites they use so they can say the word without acknowledging it exists. It keeps them happy.

Sponsored Links
Back