Vaccine Passport...

Vaccinated people are still less likely to infect
but still can - isn't that the point?

and businesses have a duty of care to staff and general public….so if an unvaccinated person caught Covid on their premises and died, they could be sued.
R - i - g - h - t -

so, we are having vaccine passports to protect the UNvaccinated.
I will admit I had missed that.

Are you being serious?

Sponsored Links
so, we are having vaccine passports to protect the UNvaccinated.
Perhaps it's to expose and isolate them. If we could then get them all in one place - like a small island off the coast of the Orkneys, perhaps? I think it's a great idea. Children could point at them.

I must be missing something fundamental if what vaccines can't do anymore is prevent transmission does not mean what vaccines can't do anymore is prevent transmission - so please explain what it does mean.

after the word "transmission" do you see the words "at all?"

Because they aren't there.

Do you imagine that vaccination does not prevent transmission at all?

Or are you seriously whingeing because it not 100% prevented?

What do you know about the so-called "Swiss Cheese" concept of infection control?

Sponsored Links
So, unless you can tell which vaccinated person is or isn't, then what is the point of passports

perfection is the enemy of good.

you are basically setting up a non sequitur.

you are making the argument that if the vaccine does not 100% stop transmission then there is zero benefit in restricting unvaccinated from mingling in social settings with other unvaccinated or vaccinated people.

But it’s not true, there is still a benefit.

Whether there is a benefit that is sufficient for it to be acceptable to impose such restrictions is a different argument.

you are conflating those 2 points.

after the word "transmission" do you see the words "at all?"
No.

Because they aren't there.
Obviously because they would make no difference to the meaning of -

"what they [the vaccines] can't do anymore is prevent transmission"

and/or the author isn't Irish.

If you think it is factually incorrect perhaps you should have said that instead of pretending it says something it doesn't.
If so, take it up with the CDC and put them right.

Do you imagine that vaccination does not prevent transmission at all?
My imagination has nothing to do with it.

Or are you seriously whingeing because it not 100% prevented?
What a strange yet typical thing for you to say.

What do you know about the so-called "Swiss Cheese" concept of infection control?
Irrelevant - it has no bearing on the English language.

If you think it is factually incorrect perhaps you should have said that instead of pretending it says something it doesn't

“can’t stop transmission”

Does not mean

“allow 100% transmission”

“can’t stop transmission” is an unqualified statement, it doesn’t include a value

In a worst case scenario, if vaccinated people are just as likely to transmit the virus……..

if all restrictions are lifted, that means unvaccinated people are more likely than ever to get Covid and potentially get ill

In a worst case scenario, if vaccinated people are just as likely to transmit the virus……..

if all restrictions are lifted, that means unvaccinated people are more likely than ever to get Covid and potentially get ill
One of the SAGE advisors was saying that herd immunity isn't possible. Which seems to be true.

With herd immunity someone who hasn't been vaccinated is protected because there aren't enough viable carriers for an infection to spread far enough for them to get it. Measles for example.

With the Delta variant the vaccines aren't able to block infection enough to give that level of protection for unvaccinated people. They're really good at protecting individuals, but not achieve herd immunity.

Which is bad news for the antivaxers.

One of the SAGE advisors was saying that herd immunity isn't possible. Which seems to be true.

With herd immunity someone who hasn't been vaccinated is protected because there aren't enough viable carriers for an infection to spread far enough for them to get it. Measles for example.

With the Delta variant the vaccines aren't able to block infection enough to give that level of protection for unvaccinated people. They're really good at protecting individuals, but not achieve herd immunity.

Which is bad news for the antivaxers.
Yes, thank you.

that was what I was getting to, in a clumsy way.

because the argument “vaccine passports are pointless” rather depends, where on the scale transmissibility lies.

If you don't agree with the CDC, fair enough - but what does it say?

If you don't agree with the CDC, fair enough - but what does it say?

Do you interpret the CDC wording as “vaccinations do not reduce transmission at all”

Sponsored Links
Back