Is this a standard price?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I had a combi boiler installed last year and apologies for my ignorance but my last place ran on electric so I have no idea about anything concerning gas.

The guys who installed it emailed me with a quote of £90 incl. vat for a service as apparently you have to have an annual service to be valid for the manufacturers warranty.

Is this price a good price for a service?[/list]

Sponsored Links
Most manufacturers will require a service to keep warranty valid. And that seems like a pretty normal price yes.

only you can decide that jan
its not a bad price but i suppose it depends on whats done
what do your neighbours pay for their services?

Depends on the boiler and what is required for the service.

Pricing over the internet is usually a pointless affair, but boiler servicing is a little easier to predict - so... We charge £84 incl VAT, but not any spares or remedial works.

You DEFINITELY need it to be done properly by someone for the warranty to remain.

Sponsored Links
Depends on the boiler and what is required for the service.

Pricing over the internet is usually a pointless affair, but boiler servicing is a little easier to predict - so... We charge £84 incl VAT, but not any spares or remedial works.

You DEFINITELY need it to be done properly by someone for the warranty to remain.

That's reassuring to know. If the boiler is only a year old and everything seems to be running as it should, it should only cost me the £90 I'm hoping, or are there bits and pieces bolted on to the price typically?

I suspect that by taking the trouble to post on a forum, the OP is in shock and probably expected it for under a tenner.

That's reassuring to know. If the boiler is only a year old and everything seems to be running as it should, it should only cost me the £90 I'm hoping, or are there bits and pieces bolted on to the price typically?

Not normaly anything extra, if any faults are found then the manufacturers would be called to repair, or if its with the installation of the boiler then the fitter (who is servicing it) should sort it out.

1st years service wont normaly involve anything too intensive (depending on boiler make)

I suspect that by taking the trouble to post on a forum, the OP is in shock and probably expected it for under a tenner.

Ha ha, not at all. That would be wishful thinking. I wanted to make sure someone wasn't having a chuckle at my expense. Would you buy something without knowing its approximate market value?

What market value? You're buying a service not a commodity or finished product. Some wh*res charge a few quid, others thousands for the same service.

What market value? You're buying a service not a commodity or finished product. Some wh*res charge a few quid, others thousands for the same service.

It's irrelevant whether it's a service or commodity. Fact is if you're paying for something you need a guideline on what is acceptable for what you're getting. I've had some very helpful answers and my question has now been answered but thank you for your input.

It is relevant. Are you going to research the thoroughness of what you've had done, like you've done for the price? Your service might be worth twice what you've paid or then again not worth half.

Hence why your post is pointless in it's simplicity.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back