Is this dry rot, what can I do?

Sorry why is it so important to insulate a single internal wall between bedroom and bathroom, warmth or sound? I am really new to all this. What would you insulate it with if you did
Oh, I was on about the outside wall, sorry.

Sponsored Links
Oh, I was on about the outside wall, sorry.

Ah, so how would you go about insulating the outside wall? Its brickwork and and I don't know how it would work with the window, as there isn't space to bring the wall in further. Would it actually make much of a difference insulating such a tiny external wall to outside?

Whatever thickness you add to the wall would just mean deeper window reveals.

Yes. Heat loss aside, it would reduce the potential for condensation on that wall massively.

Ok, any advice on how I'd build out the reveal? And what thickness insulation you would use

Sponsored Links
OP,
I wont go on but i wish you luck. There are so many glaring difficulties in your bathroom, and some of the thread advice appears odd to me.

Whats an important safety issue is the boiler - either have it removed (best option) - or get it certified by a GasSafe.

OP,
I wont go on but i wish you luck. There are so many glaring difficulties in your bathroom, and some of the thread advice appears odd to me.

Whats an important safety issue is the boiler - either have it removed (best option) - or get it certified by a GasSafe.

I appreciate the advice, as I'm new to this.

What advice do you think is odd?

What's the safety issue with the boiler? It was boxed in before and I will box it in again. Is there an issue?

The only real problem I can see is the window, but even that I think just needs some replacement bricks and mortar.

Any advice is very welcome

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back