Is this the beginning for identification

Status
Not open for further replies.
oing to question how else this can work.

Clubs and pubs they CAN ALREADY insist if you want to enter their premises that you need ID or you don't enter their premises.

Fixed for you. (Got a gym membership?)

Cards generally... The majority of Europe's population live in a country where an id card is compulsory. I can just feel the angst oozing out of their citizens!

Sponsored Links
oing to question how else this can work.

Clubs and pubs they CAN ALREADY insist if you want to enter their premises that you need ID or you don't enter their premises.

Cards generally... The majority of Europe's* population live in a country where an id card is compulsory. I can just feel the angst oozing out of their citizens!

*Try it in US, the nutjobs would be sharpening their guns! But they couldn't take to the streets, 'cos car drivers in USA have to carry a license and registration...

Cards generally... The majority of Europe's population live in a country where an id card is compulsory. I can just feel the angst oozing out of their citizens!

Its getting there. .......

Cards generally... The majority of Europe's* population live in a country where an id card is compulsory. I can just feel the angst oozing out of their citizens!

*Try it in US, the nutjobs would be sharpening their guns! But they couldn't take to the streets, 'cos car drivers in USA have to carry a license and registration...

When in Canada and going over the border on a weekend to Buffalo No ID then your going for a cup of Coffee.

Sponsored Links
As a teacher/headteacher, it used to really **** me off when 'they' wanted to introduce another heavy initiative with tons of extra paperwork. They always said, "You're already doing most of this stuff, don't worry, it'll be fine."

In this case, I'm 'they'!:D

Vaccine passports will be circumvented, abused and fraudulently acquired. The anti-vaxers just need educating, is all. I suggest a remote Scottish island.

It will not be law to carry ID but you will not function in life with out it.
Any business could join a scheme that insisted you have their app with your details or you don't enter.
Businesses could probably initiate such a scheme, if they wanted to already, just put a bare minimum admission fee, payable only with a credit/debit card.
Quick contactless swipe for 5p or something, job done.

I can't see vac passports being introduced or successful.
Apart form the already mentioned scenarios of young people not having vaccines yet, therefore no passport, and genuine need for not having a vaccine. there's the added complexity of time, effort and cost taken in design, production, etc.
Then when a variant arrives that circumvents the vaccine, (or boosters being required) the whole operation has to be repeated, and the exiting passports cancelled and ignored.
It could be a situation that the passports have an operational life of as little as six months.

I can't see vac passports being introduced or successful.
Apart form the already mentioned scenarios of young people not having vaccines yet, therefore no passport, and genuine need for not having a vaccine. there's the added complexity of time, effort and cost taken in design, production, etc.
Then when a variant arrives that circumvents the vaccine, (or boosters being required) the whole operation has to be repeated, and the exiting passports cancelled and ignored.
It could be a situation that the passports have an operational life of as little as six months.
Which is why it will be digital, not printed. If you bolted it onto the NHS app then you've already got the connection into the database and all the authentication and authorization baked in.

Getting Spain to start accepting our vaccinations and us to start accepting theirs is a slightly different story, but not fundamentally impossible. Those difficulties will get ironed out to enable the tourism industry to start again.

Which is why it will be digital, not printed. If you bolted it onto the NHS app then you've already got the connection into the database and all the authentication and authorization baked in.

Getting Spain to start accepting our vaccinations and us to start accepting theirs is a slightly different story, but not fundamentally impossible. Those difficulties will get ironed out to enable the tourism industry to start again.

Palantir can't wait. All that lovely data. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back