Is this the going rate or am I being overcharged?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I see. Yes it’s very annoying how huge the window is and how low down it goes. That will have to stay though unfortunately.

Unless that is not a big job??
not a big effort to raise it .

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Its a pity the windows have been modernised else I'd have said fit a new one two courses (of bricks) shallower.
On our last extension, we actually moved the window to the other outside wall so that it made fitting a shower more practical.

The room was perhaps not originally a bathroom, with such a wide and low window.

I agree, I would not spend money on modernising it, it's fine as it is if everything is functional.

Its top hung as well(n). You just want a shorter window with a top opener.

It’s because it’s an ex council house so they put in those hideous windows. Health and safety reasons I presume..... I’ll get round to changing them in another 10 years I suppose.... :LOL: Shouldn’t complain really as at least it had double glazing in. The rest of the house was in a pretty rubbish condition, riddled with damp, plaster falling off the walls etc. So the horrible windows were actually a bonus at the time.

The room was perhaps not originally a bathroom, with such a wide and low window.

I agree, I would not spend money on modernising it, it's fine as it is if everything is functional.

Yes I think they were built 1920s so it may not have a been bathroom. The toilet was definitely outside as there were remnants of this visible where the kitchen is until I had it renovated.

You could have a floating basin and level it with the window seal. If your tall this may not be the perfect answer.
This would also give you the effect of more floor space.

Could pack up the window seal by 50mm and tile, or a new PVC window seal.(Very Cheap)
Not ideal but nothing rarely is when fitting a bathroom to an old house.

Better angle

I would expect pipes and cable for the electric shower to be buried in the wall.

Replace radiator with 500 mm wide Towel rail. This could stand at the tap end of the bath to create even more floor space. Use corner towel rail valve that don't poke out. (Pipes in wall)

Corner Towel Rail valves
$_35.JPG

Great as they don't stick out from the Towel Rail.

Its a small room doing little bits like this will create a bigger feel to your room.

cali-spek-toilet-spek010.jpg

Slim toilet cistern no wider that the pan its self

Short in depth (not always perfect for big bums)

Will again help with more wall and floor space.

For $ grand plus Id expect the work to be done with minimum pipework visible and no boxing in.

Ive done plenty of bathrooms this size. Done well you can have a beautiful bathroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back