Is Time Travel Possible?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If you can perceive infinity, then you can perceive the concept that time is infinite, both in the past & in the future.

There was no beginning & there will be no end to time.

It is inconceivable to imagine that in the infinity of time that is the future, that at one point the ability to time travel will not be discovered, that is if it is indeed possible.

It is equally inconceivable that if/when time travel exists, nobody from the infinite future will travel back to the infinite past & reveal the secrets of time travel.

On the basis that we don't enjoy the ability to time travel at this point in time, then it can be concluded that time travel isn't actually possible.

But wait. There is one & only one other possible reason, accepted by free thinkers, why we don't currently enjoy the ability to time travel.

Can you think what it is???

Sponsored Links
Its already possible to look back in time, the challenge is to travel. There really is a bit a of deadline to hurry up and solve it. There is relatively limited time that life can exist as a portion of the "life" of the known universe. So it doesn't follow that with infinite time, time Travel will be possible. The Universe will be "empty" of life for a very very long time.

Sponsored Links
Its already possible to look back in time, the challenge is to travel. There really is a bit a of deadline to hurry up and solve it. There is relatively limited time that life can exist as a portion of the "life" of the known universe. So it doesn't follow that with infinite time, time Travel will be possible. The Universe will be "empty" of life for a very very long time.

Well know fact re time travel going back into time is easy in theory. But going forward in time in impossible.

Years ago I was watching a show from Israel where a man had travelled from the 22nd century by accident and he predicted several well-decouneted world events. EG of some I recall, First lady pm in uk, Regan being shot and lives, Gaddafi being killed by his own people, Covid who was going to win the next world cup and runners up.

The universe does not have an infinite life.

One day, billions of years into the future, all the Stars will burn out , and all remaining energy will have dispersed evenly through out the universe.
At this point time will stop, as nothing will move, and total darkness will ensue.

You lost it with your very first words "Its already possible to look back in time", it isn't, they can't & don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

I get where you coming from & I like your thinking, but we dismissed this theory shortly after we got rid of those who simply cannot comprehend that time is infinite.

"life" doesn't have to mean "us", as in earth bound humankind & all of our carbon based "animal kingdom". In the infinity of time there may have been many "life" forms like "us" & even not like "us".

Time is infinite & we all know that "time waits for no man".

So, what is the only other accepted reason that time travel doesn't exist?

Well know fact re time travel going back into time is easy in theory. But going forward in time in impossible.

Years ago I was watching a show from Israel where a man had travelled from the 22nd century by accident and he predicted several well-decouneted world events. EG of some I recall, First lady pm in uk, Regan being shot and lives, Gaddafi being killed by his own people, Covid who was going to win the next world cup and runners up.

Please get help. Make the call NOW. You dial 0800 9177650. & you talk.

Come back when you sober.

Yes it is, we can almost see back to the big bang itself. It is due to the time the light takes to reach us but the images are as things were billions of years ago.

Time has ticked on since the light that carries the pictures reaches you.

The big bang never happened. There was no big bang. If there was a big bang then it wasn't me, I am not responsible for any big bangs that may or may not have happened.

Sponsored Links
Back