Isn't snot amazing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After all these years I'm still amazed by the ability of the human body to make liquid come out of yer nose in such quantities.

I've actually lost count of the number of toilet rolls I've been through today. When will it all end?

Sponsored Links
hmmm....never think about it.

perhaps you should just shove the rolls up yer nose and breathe thru yer mouth :LOL:

or try a decongestant with an antihistamine and dry it up.

hope you feel better soon. ;)

After all these years I'm still amazed by the ability of the human body to make liquid come out of yer nose in such quantities

I'm still amazed at all the s**t that comes out of some peoples mouths, ;) ;) ;)

mlb3c said:
perhaps you should just shove the rolls up yer nose and breathe thru yer mouth :LOL:
Could do, but I'm already breathing my mouth, and when speaking having to say "I doe" instead of "I know", etc.

or try a decongestant with an antihistamine and dry it up.
Intuitively, that would surely be wrong because it treats the symptoms rather then the cause.

For the same (sabe) reason I'm (Ibe) living with the feverish feeling, and in fact I'm wearing an extra layer to keep body temperature raised.

hope you feel better soon. ;)
Thanks mlb3c - that actually helps. :)

Sponsored Links
Softus said:
Intuitively, that would surely be wrong because it treats the symptoms rather then the cause.

For the same (sabe) reason I'm (Ibe) living with the feverish feeling, and in fact I'm wearing an extra layer to keep body temperature raised.

Good on ya, let it run its course.

All the "remedies" do is let you suffer a bit less for a lot longer. Just get on with it. I find hangovers are a great cause for cold/flu symptoms. Mainly because you feel rough anyway, but at least you have a decent reason to.

Think of it as a good thing Softus; at least you won't be in that "just starting" with a cold phase on Christmas day (you know, where your body aches and your throat feels like you just gave the sandman a BJ). ;)

gcol, I fear this sandman fellow has treated you most appallingly...if it makes you feel bad, just tell him you have a terrible case of oral thrush, and don't let him sweet-talk you either...just cos it's Christmas. :D

there are several hundred different cold viruses, and no known cure.

expect to get 4 colds per year till you die.

that's a lot of snot! :eek:

noseall said:
there are several hundred different cold viruses, and no known cure

Can you imagine how much money would be lost to drug companies if they did find a cure? :eek:

The cynical person would think that they don't really want to find a cure - remembering that much money that goes towards research comes from drug companies ;)

yeah, you often hear the arguments for work days lost against money made from selling the medicines.

boff's do say losses due to absent or sick workers out weighs the revenues from drug sales.

Gary_M said:
noseall said:
there are several hundred different cold viruses, and no known cure

Can you imagine how much money would be lost to drug companies if they did find a cure? :eek:

The cynical person would think that they don't really want to find a cure - remembering that much money that goes towards research comes from drug companies ;)

Quite so.

It also begs more questions...is there really a cure (in terms of a pill for each virus), what is cure, what is health and what is the nature of disease? Much of modern medicine, apart from being financially motivated, appears to not be at all clear on its understanding of health or disease.

I dunno know guys....seems to me, if you feel bad, all stuffed up, and cant breathe and your head is bangin and you cant sleep because you feel bad and you are JUST MISERABLE!!!....
why not just take something (a pill, cough medicine, whatever....even a little brandy wouldnt hurt) to treat the symptoms.....you have to wait it out anyway, Why not try to make yourself more comfortable if you can. :?:

i dont like taking pills, but my doctor always says take pain relief every 4 hrs when you have a cold/flu. It makes you feel more human and you are likely to recover quicker as part of it is in the mind.

I do agree with you softus....surely there must be a use for all that snot...wallpaper paste perhaps?

I don't take anything for it, just Night Nurse to put me into a coma for the night :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back