isolator switch installed by EDF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What quality workmanship,!!! notice the position of the cover fixing screws
DSC_4234.jpg
[/img]

Sponsored Links
How much did that cost? Bet you waited six months for them to do it as well.

Time for a refund - shame they didnt upgrade your tails out of the old head at the same time.

but........
its a proteus!!!!!!!
be careful screwing the cover back on too

Sponsored Links
daytona said:
its a proteus
'Scuse my ignorance (although clearly the termination of is kindergarten standard), but what's wrong with it being a Proteus? :confused:

Proteus (CEF own brand) aren't the best quality built items out there.

Ah, OK. Thanks. I don't do CEF at all, maybe that's a good thing.

When I had my meter changed I asked the installer from the MOP (Meter+) to fit a Wylex REC2S isolator I'd got from the DNO (NEDL/YEDL/CE), he didn't know how to do it :eek: also complained when I gave him 25mm tails to use and refused to replace the old 16mm tails with brand new harmonised 25mm I had , just wanted to reuse the old tails from the meter :mad:

I ended up asking him to get out the way and let someone who knows what there doing at it, wiring the isolator and meter myself as I wanted the 25mm fitting but he didn't want to fit it as "its not very flexible" and he replaced the cut out and crimped it and the meter

Our DNO use Wylex or MEM - Proteous.....yuk!

Workman ship shocking.....

BUT......

When I last saw an instal like that, when challenging the DNO installer, he was told to strip back 15mm - to allow the stranded cores to 'flatten' for the terminals. Kind of makes sense. Although a pair of pliers would do that for you.

You can't trust these DNO fella's :LOL:

I'm with you lot on this one tho, poor quality job.

Tis fella's like that that make us all look bad :cry:

daytona said:
its a proteus
'Scuse my ignorance (although clearly the termination of is kindergarten standard), but what's wrong with it being a Proteus? :confused:

lol.
one small movement of that switch and it will pop straight out of that sad excuse for an enclosure

It seems odd to me that EDF would have gone to CEF and bought that cheap thing, when they have vast depots crammed with better stuff, bought at such deep discounts that it's practically free :confused:

Also the fitter has stripped back the sheathing so it doesn't enter the enclosure (such as it is).

It looks like the switch doesn't have deep terminal tunnels. I presume it has a DIN-rail clip that you couldn't reach without touching one or more of those conductors :eek:

these are much much better
It isn't very clear in the pic, but apart from the terminal tunnels which engulf the end of the cable, there are push-down insulating tabs to prevent touching the live screw-heads.

POL_0178.jpg

I my part of the country Seimens Metering have the contract for all domestic alterations now, including PME, upgrades etc.

So far haven't had any technical problems with them once they get to the site.

Very poor termination, & a bad design of isolator.

On a another note, to the left of the isolator , is that a very old one or two way fusebox fed by old vir tails, & is it still in use.

Can you post up a picture showing all of the electric setup

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back