Israel..wouldn't we do the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no extreme views on the subject, just think that when you attack soldiers you should really be suprised when they retailiate.
And at the same time if you feel under attack from soldiers then you have a right to retaliate.

Under attack? They were boarded, but the first commando's feet wasn't even on the deck before he was being beaten with poles. PLEASE watch the footage before saying silly things like that.

"I started punching that person walking towards me, officer, because I was retaliating for an attack that hadn't happened yet!"

Sponsored Links
Hamas is Hamas, whether people are stupid and sick enough to vote for them is neither here nor there.
somewhat bias opinion of a legitimate political party

If you vote for a terrorist organisation, all you get is an elected terrorist organisation.

Hamas claim responsibility for the death of hundreds and maiming of thousands of men, women, and children...and you are somehow making out that they are the victims???
Just for total clarity, how many countries would be able to successfully deny having ever caused the death of thousands of men, women and children throughout their own history?

If you vote for a terrorist organisation, all you get is an elected terrorist organisation.
Sinn fein and IRA?
Hamas claim responsibility for the death of hundreds and maiming of thousands of men, women, and children...and you are somehow making out that they are the victims???
Israel makes no claims on casualtys then.

Atleast they have the sense to have a seperate name....and officially are not the same thing. Whereas Hamas, they openly rejoiced in the death of Israeli children...but that is ok, because they are politicians now...not terrorists.. (?!)

Sponsored Links
This illegal attack is having an early positive side-effect. Unfortunately it's taken the lives of innocent civilians to get some movement...

Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak has ordered the border crossing between Egypt and the Gaza Strip to be opened.

How long it lasts is another matter, but Israel really has f*cked up this time it seems!

Maybe the powers that be should now contemplate a 'blockade' of Israeli goods to try and halt their military machine from comitting further massacres.

If Israel lifted the blockade, and Hamas was proved to be sending over further barrages of rockets, then Israel would be justified in proportional retaliation. However, they have refused to do this, and this has led to the stalemate at this time.

I hope there is an opportunity here to pressure Israel into taking this step, but I fear the US (and possibly the UK) will scupper any hopes yet again!

They are as toothless over this as they are over the land-grab taking place in other parts of the occupied territory!

Under attack? They were boarded, but the first commando's feet wasn't even on the deck before he was being beaten with poles. PLEASE watch the footage before saying silly things like that.
I have watched it and when you see some geezer sliding down a rope armed with a gun your not going to start playing the hornpipe are you.

So how many members of Israeli elected governments over the years years were members of Israeli terrorist organisations such as Irgun, Haganah, Lehi and the Stern gang?

Don't be so selective... ;)

JMLanders";p="1631328 said:
Hamas is Hamas, whether people are stupid and sick enough to vote for them is neither here nor there.
somewhat bias opinion of a legitimate political party
A LEGITIMATE POLITCAL PARTY??!!!

THEY MURDERED HUNDREDS OF INNOCENT MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN!!

Would you like me to post you some pictures of the charred bodies of the primary school children pulled from one of the bus attacks, (which Hamas admitted to)? Sure I can find them. There are almost 800 civilian deaths in the last 15 years by this 'legitimate political party' and perhaps as many as 10 times that figure in injuries.

Next thing you'll be telling me that the people who carried out the london train bombings were just carrying out their legitimate right of self expression.

These people are murderers, they think that killing people is a good thing..openly, that is not opinion...they OPENLY say how great it is when people are blown up on their way to school and or work..this is not a legitimate party and it sickens me to even hear those words used to describe these animals.

We are not talking about people that in their youth were radicals and then joined a political party and dearm themselves, we are talking about people who are still in a radical party and are happily to admit their part in the slaying of innocents.

Big difference.

A LEGITIMATE POLITCAL PARTY??!!! THEY MURDERED HUNDREDS OF INNOCENT MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN!!
Would you like me to post you some pictures of the charred bodies of the primary school children pulled from one of the bus attacks, (which Hamas admitted to)? Sure I can find them. There are almost 800 civilian deaths in the last 15 years by this 'legitimate political party' and perhaps as many as 10 times that figure in injuries.
As requested, how many countries can hand on heart say they have not killed innocent men, women and children as they fight for what they believe in? In the context of this argument, is Israel one of those countries?

A LEGITIMATE POLITCAL PARTY??!!! THEY MURDERED HUNDREDS OF INNOCENT MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN!!

Hmm..

Deir Yassin was a village located on the western tip of modern-day municipal Jerusalem overlooking the western entrance to the city. In the months leading up to the British evacuation from Palestine, the Arab League-sponsored Arab Liberation Army (ALA) managed to seize several strategic vantage points along the road between Jerusalem and Tel Aviv, cutting off Jerusalem's supply route and entrapping the city’s Jewish inhabitants. By March 1948, the road was cut off and Jerusalem was under siege. In response, the Haganah launched Operation Nachshon to break the siege. On April 6, in an effort to secure strategic positions, the Haganah and its strike force, the Palmach, attacked al-Qastal, a village two kilometers north of Deir Yassin also overlooking the Jerusalem-Tel Aviv highway.

On 9 April 1948, about 120 members of Lehi and Irgun, in cooperation with the Haganah, attacked Deir Yassin, killing between 100 and 120 inhabitants, mostly civilians. The attack, labeled a massacre by the Jewish Agency, Arab League and foreign journalists, led to criticism and indignation from the international community, the more so since the press of the time reported that the death toll was 254.

Just one of many that can be quoted, but it seems 'breaking a seige' is acceptable some times...

Of course if you elected this group of terrorists, then it would be just an elected terrorist organisation wouldn't it...one of course led by Yitzhak Shamir perhaps... ;)

It was in response to me Jm and I don't in the least think it even touch's on abuse.
As you see fit - I was looking at it as a potential casual observer. :D

No, you were looking at it from a bias point of view. Where, like I pointed out earlier, you called abuse when I called someone extreme and then did the same to me yourself.

You have made your bias very clear.
If you cannot handle debate without getting upset i would suggest taking yourself of a discussion forum instead of trying to find something to get offended by.

The attack, labeled a massacre by the Jewish Agency, Arab League and foreign journalists

Whereas the death of civilians by Hamas, which was cheered in the street by the 'legitimate party' of Hamas is in huge contrast to this.

So lets be clear. When militants on the israeli side commit terrorist action in is condemned by Jews and Muslims.

When militants kill jewish people, the jewish people condemn it, while the muslim people vote in the party that carried out the attacks...

am I Fair in saying that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back