Israel..wouldn't we do the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When militants kill jewish people, the jewish people condemn it, while the muslim people vote in the party that carried out the attacks..
Why do you assume its Muslims carrying such attacks.

Sponsored Links
If you cannot handle debate without getting upset i would suggest taking yourself of a discussion forum instead of trying to find something to get offended by.
With respect, and I have a lot of it for you, I am engaged in this debate and feel that there is no need to refer to other contributors ability to think as either necessary nor desirable. It is this sort of thing that gets threads locked and deleted, since it tends to become personal - a little like you are becoming now.

So, if you don't mind.......

Again, what you seem to be saying is that because the israeli government has members whos history is deplorable but gave up violence, they are much worse than Hamas, who is the actual organisation that carried out murderer and bombings and still haven't apologised ...or recognised Israels right to exist.

I don't get the logic.

When militants kill jewish people, the jewish people condemn it, while the muslim people vote in the party that carried out the attacks..
Why do you assume its Muslims carrying such attacks.

Because Hamas, a muslim terrorist group, admitted to them. (Hamas means Islamic Resistance Movement)

Sponsored Links
I believe there is an old Arabic saying, which poorly translated is something like "I kill, good. I get killed, no good".

This is not just limited to Hamas, but is widespread among the arab nations.

And given that there are also different factions on the palestinian side, you will also have noticed (but probably ignored) that groups such as fatah (also elected at times) have condemned attacks on Israeli civilians for some time...

Of course that doesn't fit your 'pattern', but if you look at the other side then we elected a party that supported an illegal invasion/war, whilst another group in our society opposed it...

And Israel has often voted in a hard line party that has then gone on to invade gaza/west bank/lebanon with no real justification other than to show they are 'hard'!

You seem to want to lump every palestinian/arab in the same camp when it is patently not true!

If you cannot handle debate without getting upset i would suggest taking yourself of a discussion forum instead of trying to find something to get offended by.

that's rich coming from you, schizo. how long before you start calling the other posters 'idiot' 'when they won't be convinced by your sledgehammer style of 'debate'?

the number of times you resort to this tactic is evident from your previous posts on other threads.

I just think we need to see this all in perspective. In israels shoes I would have boarded those ships. I would think, if they were legit, they would off load their cargo and let us inspect it. If they didn't want to do that, they can go home. To try to break a military bloackade and then act suprised when they are boarded is silly...and to be suprised when shot at when you are beating the soldiers with bars and stabbing them is even more silly.

...and these aren't even the terrorists...these are just the supporters of the terrorists.

oooh gasman is posting..., i bet it is relevent to the thread and not just directed at me personally.

Gasman NEVER ignores the thread you see, he always sticks to point and never, i mean NEVER starts attacking people instead.

Such a shame he is on ignore. Because you would think it was the other way round, wouldn't you. Considering how I am the biggest **** under the sun and he is such a great guy...

:LOL:

I just think we need to see this all in perspective. In israels shoes I would have boarded those ships. I would think, if they were legit, they would off load their cargo and let us inspect it. If they didn't want to do that, they can go home. To try to break a military bloackade and then act suprised when they are boarded is silly...and to be suprised when shot at when you are beating the soldiers with bars and stabbing them is even more silly.
...and these aren't even the terrorists...these are just the supporters of the terrorists.

The bottom line is that the whole region is messed up and neither side has, nor should claim to have, the high moral ground.

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.
And history tells us repeatedly that horrific actions against our fellow human beings has always happened, with the subequent victor claiming legitimacy.

Again, what you seem to be saying is that because the israeli government has members whos history is deplorable but gave up violence, they are much worse than Hamas, who is the actual organisation that carried out murderer and bombings and still haven't apologised ...or recognised Israels right to exist.

I don't get the logic.
Assuming this is aimed at me (you might like to use a quote or two to make thing easier... ;) ) where have I said who is worse? - I'm merely pointing out that this is very two sided (which you don't seem to be able to take in), and whilst Israeli 'terrorist' groups are supposedly in the past, the state of Israel still perpetrates 'terrorist' acts, as do certain palestinian factions...Israel uses it's military might, whilst the palestinians use other means. The fact that 'our side' perceives terrorism one way does not diminist the effect of state terrorism to the other side...

The sad thing, is that most people on BOTH sides want this to end. They are not bothered on the whole with who lives where, but are at the mercy of certain vested interests that keep the pot boiling. I've been lucky enough to have spent some considerable time in both Israel and Arab countries some toime ago and have seen this desire of ordinary people - sadly the warmongers still hold the upper hand, and we in the west should acknowledge our portion of the blame by being so one sided!

This is the point ellal, I agree both sides aren't smelling of roses....this particular event however is due to a palestianian allied floatilla, breaking a bloackade that is put in place to reduce attacks on Israeli citizens.

dear mods, it is sometimes useful to reply with quotes, if only to prevent scurrilous rogues editing or deleting text which they know to be inappropriate or abusive.

dear mods, it is sometimes useful to reply with quotes, if only to prevent scurrilous rogues editing or deleting text which they know to be inappropriate or abusive.
I think it's the use of "excessive" quoting - quotes within quotes within quotes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back