It pays to complain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently had to make a query call to my bank Barclays and as it was a bit complicated I decided to record it.

In the end I had to phone them three times and recorded each call. My total time on the phone was two hours and six minutes. Having been pushed from pillar to post and at one stage being given a number in Ireland to phone which I refused to do.

I dropped the three MP3 files onto a CD and posted it along with a letter of complaint to BT head office.

Had a call from them today apologising for having spent so long on the phone and for being passed from pillar to post and with a promise to sort out my problem at the highest level, the call ended with a promise to pay into my account today £200.00.

Sure enough it was in when I checked my account about fifteen minutes ago.

:LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Well done! You can afford to crack open a beer or two tonight.

One thing I didn't understand though, is what had a problem with your bank got to do with British Telecom?

Sponsored Links
Result, HJ :)

(BTW, as I'm a Barclays customer, you do realise that I'm stumping up your compo, don't you?) :evil: ;)

(BTW, as I'm a Barclays customer, you do realise that I'm stumping up your compo, don't you?) :evil: ;)

Better that Handy has the cash, rather than have it inflating the MD's undoubtably obscene annual bonus. ;)

Barclays bankers: There's some cockney-rhyming for you. :LOL:

My missus just came off the phone and got £27 for her time and £25 ' for stress' from NatWest .

So it only cost them 52 quid to get her off their back.
That's nothing to what it'll cost you if the time ever comes. :LOL:

I recently had to make a query call to my bank Barclays and as it was a bit complicated I decided to record it.
Well done!

How did you record it, via mobile?

Digital recorder and ear microphone.

41SecdF1%2BML._SX425_.jpg

Sponsored Links
Back