Its official!

you put the right hook in, the right hook out, in out, in out, you knock the f*cker out, you pay the judge & jury & your not sent down, thats what it's all about. ooooohhhhh stevie stevie gerrard

Sponsored Links
so im wondering there if your comment is your attempt at a great comback or just anger at the fact that i dont agree with you
No, nope, any other options? :D

well your reasonings are rubbish. so you tell me
well for one jefoss why would I be angry with you when you wanted to be my friend on this forum? Unless you are upset that I didnt accept you? I dont do that with strangers i'm afraid, nothing personal :D

As for a comeback why would I wish to? I was using your words to put the argument back that the decision could have big ramifications in the future, not trying to gain any brownie points.

These type of things happen every night in every club throughout the UK. 6 of one , half a dozen of another.

Why are you shocked that he was acquitted? :confused:

Sponsored Links
Not shocked at all, half expected it considering the location of the trial ;) point I was trying to make was it didnt look much like self defense to me and the decision will now make it very hard to prove otherwise when someone clumps you.

Thats why its important to judge the wrongdoer by his actions ie whoever hits the other is guilty of assault.

I'm not sure you can judge the outcome because of the location of the trial. I can assure you there are an awful lot of Everton fans in Liverpool who would like nothing more that to see Mr G do a stretch at her majesty's pleasure.

The CCTV clip was also far from conclusive and really didn't show anything clearly at all.

As I said earlier, it seems like a case of 6 of 1 etc .........

Its not about the person as far as im concerned more the fact that a fundermental miscarriage has been done.

I believe that anyone that strikes another should be guilty in the eyes of the law.

Its not as if it was one punch either.

Its not about the person as far as im concerned more the fact that a fundermental miscarriage has been done.

I believe that anyone that strikes another should be guilty in the eyes of the law.

Its not as if it was one punch either.

Fair enough Tim. Can you state categorically what the 'victim' did on the night in question ? I have no idea as I wasn't there, but, and this is only a hypothetical scenario, If I was is a nightclub or anywhere else for that matter and someone was in my face threatening me and being abusive, I may well have made a pre-emptive strike myself. I wouldn't necessarily wait to get clumped first.

These things are rarely black and white.

Just my opinion.

The video showed gerrards friend elbowing the businessman in the face and as the man leant back forward gerrard used uppercuts, no attempt to punch gerrard was shown.

Was gerrard marked? no, was the businessman injured, so badly he ended in hospital? yes

The video showed gerrards friend elbowing the busnissman in the face and as the man leant back forward gerrard used uppercuts, no attempt to punch gerrard was shown.

Was gerrard marked? no, was the businessman injured, so badly he ended in hospital? yes

Hate to be pedantic Tim, but we weren't there. The CCTV is far from conclusive, so to judge without all the necessary facts is not as easy as you profess it to be.

I have no doubt that if the CCTV told the whole story this would have been a much clearer cut case, but it doesn't, so it isn't. :D

Its true that the cctv isnt the best quality but consider the injuries afterwards, as far as im aware only the businessman was injured.
He wouldnt stand a chance as he was outnumbered so unable to defend himself.

If the businessman was on his own in the club imagine the difficulty in getting witnesses especially if the people around were engulfed in the celebrity thats gerrard and their observations were tainted because of that.

regardless of abuse gerrard is hailed as a celebrity and should act with responsibility not teach youngsters that the fist is the answer.

Its true that the cctv isnt the best quality but consider the injuries afterwards, as far as im aware only the businessman was injured.

So as the 'victim' was injured he must have been the innocent party? Would the same be true if I walked up to you and punched you in the chest (and left no marks) and then you retaliated by punching me twice in the face leaving me with a black eye and broken nose? Using your rule I would be innocent and you would be guilty as I had the more severe injuries. Regardless of the fact that I was the person who initiated the confrontation.

wouldnt stand a chance as he was outnumbered so unable to defend himself.

Yet again you are assuming. I know several people who could quite easily look after themselves against two p*ssed idiots.

the businessman was on his own in the club imagine the difficulty in getting witnesses especially if the people around were engulfed in the celebrity thats gerrard and their observations were tainted because of that.

Do you know everyone in that club was a Gerrard fan? Have you been to Liverpool ?

of abuse gerrard is hailed as a celebrity and should act with responsibility not teach youngsters that the fist is the answer.

This is an admirable outlook on life, but totally unrealistic. As I have said several times beforehand we have no idea what the alleged victim said/done to SG as we were not there. To try and guess what happened is as ridiculous as it is pointless.

I still maintain that if an inebriated individual loomed and made abusive threatening remarks , most peoples reaction would be one of aggression/self defence. The fact that he is a footballer is immaterial, he is after all human.

For the record I have no idea if he is innocent or guilty as hell, I am just playing devils advocate.

Didn't someone say that assumption was the mother of all f*ck up's ?

So as the 'victim' was injured he must have been the innocent party? Would the same be true if I walked up to you and punched you in the chest (and left no marks) and then you retaliated by punching me twice in the face leaving me with a black eye and broken nose? Using your rule I would be innocent and you would be guilty as I had the more severe injuries. Regardless of the fact that I was the person who initiated the confrontation.
Your example is a scenario that could happen but in this case involving gerrard i believe not.
I'm not making any rules here, I just think its wrong that a person can go around punching another and get away with it, Is that not a reasonable assumption?

I'm sorry though that you advocate violence towards another, I would walk away from that sort of situation, I wouldnt have started an argument in the first place, which it seems gerrard did by arguing over the choice of music, it goes to show his immature mentality if such a trivial thing can get him so angry to harm someone, seems to me he needs to be locked away, for the general publics safety.

so im wondering there if your comment is your attempt at a great comback or just anger at the fact that i dont agree with you
No, nope, any other options? :D

well your reasonings are rubbish. so you tell me
well for one jefoss why would I be angry with you when you wanted to be my friend on this forum? Unless you are upset that I didn't accept you? I don't do that with strangers i'm afraid, nothing personal :D

As for a comeback why would I wish to? I was using your words to put the argument back that the decision could have big ramifications in the future, not trying to gain any brownie points.

i wouldn't feel too special tim, i do friend request lots, i am nosey and want to see more about some of the people on here, wether i like them or not.

you started the thread out of pure jealously that an innocent man was found innocent in a court of law. your jealousy is laughable tim, hes made himself a very comfortable life and i applaud him for it.

say whatever "funny" quip you like but you wont get to me, if joe90 doesn't bother me you'll never achieve it.

Sponsored Links
Back