I've messed up - electric shock after plastering wall

Sponsored Links
I think you have missed the point.

How can you break, let alone be prosecuted for breaking, a regulation that does not exist?

I haven't missed the point.

I am stating, it is wrong to make the "not mandatory statement" because it implies regs can be ignored

Having said that, because they are not 'mandatory', the 'regulations' can be ignored, with no risk of punishment, provided that one can successfully argue that the requirements of (the one sentence of) Part P of the Building Regs have been satisfied.

Talking in riddles, and how would you successfully do that, would you state that you ignored the regs?

Sponsored Links
.... how would you successfully do that ....
Maybe you couldn't do it, but I do not believe that I would find it difficult to successfully argue that sleeving a CPC with the wrong colour (or not sleeving it at all) was not a violation of Part P of the Building Regs.

Maybe you couldn't do it, but I do not believe that I would find it difficult to successfully argue that sleeving a CPC with the wrong colour (or not sleeving it at all) was not a violation of Part P of the Building Regs.

Why would I want to argue about that? why are you avoiding my point that you are wrong to imply that all regs can be ignored because they are not mandatory?
That is the only point I have raised

Why would I want to argue about that? why are you avoiding my point that you are wrong to imply that all regs can be ignored because they are not mandatory?
Where do you think I said, or even implied, that? I merely pointed out that the statement about "mandatory" was factually incorrect.

@Larry1990 the thread has got derailed by bickering again but here's my hint.

Next time take the switches, sockets etc off the back box, pull them away from the wall and cover them in a taped up plastic bag, cling film or something similar. It stops water getting in.

@Larry1990 the thread has got derailed by bickering again but here's my hint.

Next time take the switches, sockets etc off the back box, pull them away from the wall and cover them in a taped up plastic bag, cling film or something similar. It stops water getting in.

Thank you bsr I will do that next time. Yes he thread has gone into a robust debate!

Yes I really enjoyed having a goplastering, I'm happy to say I did another wall and it was a better result. Do you have any tips?

Cheers Larry
haha not likely - I'm a beginner like you! Good luck with the learning process...its fun, innit?

haha not likely - I'm a beginner like you! Good luck with the learning process...its fun, innit?

Thanks WabbitPoo, yeah I'm having good fun with it. Its an art for sure and I've got plenty of walls in need of plastering!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back