J.C.M(the Brazilian)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I can understand that if a person is suspected of carrying explosives and was about to detonate them, an armed officer ( police or other official body) would be within the law to shoot that person( in the head if necessary )to stop them as quickly as possible. What I cannot understand is why it would take FIVE bullets to the head to stop that person, especially when there were members of the public in the vicinity.

Dennis

Sponsored Links
here we go again, this topics been done to death in the last few weeks already......... :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
sorry dennis, didnt mean to offend. I gave an explanation of the question you asked on a similar thread a few weeks ago.

Probably at the time I was in hospital......we are not all able to get to read these posts on a regular basis

Five bullets? maybe they were told to spend the budget a bit? :eek:
No joke the police were guilty and heads should roll justice will not be seen to be done to the family until the Chief goes and the officers involved are sacked aswell. Do you feel safe with these psychotic maniacs armed and on the streets?

This subject has been discussed quite a bit recently.

I have never believed that the police officers on the ground did anything wrong other than a little over-exuberance at the number of rounds used ... And still don't.

Given the intelligence they were presented with they acted extremely professionally IMO.

Blame the poor intelligence which led to the wrong target being identified not the police officers dispatched to execute him.

MW

Mega are you saying that intelligence reports stated that he was a terrorist and to shoot him five times in the head to make sure he's dead?

Blame the poor intelligence which led to the wrong target being identified not the police officers dispatched to execute him.

MW

What ground-breaking breakthrough have you come up with to positively identify a suspect?

Mega are you saying that intelligence reports stated that he was a terrorist and to shoot him five times in the head to make sure he's dead?
They are actually separate issues as far as I'm concerned Tim.

The intelligence services are responsible for identifying the terrorists and the security services and armed police units for dealing with them.

In this case I think they dealt with the individual exceptionally well ... Trouble is, they executed the wrong man.

We must remember that the police officers on the ground were told that this individual was a suicide bomber ... On that hypothesis they acted correctly.

I am from a services background as many are aware and I don't personally share the view that 5 shots to the head are strictly necessary but, hey, dead is dead ... One bullet or 5 bullets ... I'm not sure what your objections are to the number really. Isn't the issue that it was one too many in this case ;)

If he HAD been the man they were told he was nobody would be bothered now how many shots were fired.

Joe-90 Wrote:
What ground-breaking breakthrough have you come up with to positively identify a suspect?
This really is becoming a very tiresome rhetoric from you.

To know something is wrong does not mean we must have all the answers. The people paid and trained to keep track of potential threats to our security are the ones you should be aiming your nonsense at not me.

MW

When will you realise that there is no way to positively identify someone? All they had was a photo to go on. What would YOU have done on that day?

The same time that you realise that the security services were accurately tracking terrorists for the SAS to terminate long before you and I were born and have been doing so ever since ... It's called surveillance amongst other things.

The only difference in this case was ... They got it wrong.

Read this next bit slowly and carefully so that, hopefully, it will be the last time you feel the need to ask it ...
I'm not in a position to say what I would do as I keep trying to tell you as it is not my area of expertise and I leave it to those who's role it is.

Now can we please move on.

MW

The police and the authorities are murderers in this case and heads should definately roll and prosecutions take place starting with bliar who contributed the most to this country being targeted by terrorists in the first place and all the war mongers who supported the war in Iraq..
Why didn't they just use a stun gun ?.

The OPs first post is asking whether 5 bullets in the head is reasonable or too many. Obviously he wasn't a bomber but as he was cosidered to be one, it seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back