Jet mitre saw

Sponsored Links
Chinese probably.
But maybe an Ok saw. Have no experience of them apart from a small mortising unit.

Japanese then although a lot of Japanese companies , and companies from a multitude of other countries for that matter , make stuff in China or countries other than their own but I'll take it as Japanese , thanks. Don't suppose you've used one perchance?

Sponsored Links
Yeah I've read some, looking around the web most reviews seem to be American apart from the ones on the Axminster site of course. As usual they are a mixed bunch but do seem generally to be positive . Still never hurts to ask again.

If you have an Axminster near you I'd be inclined to go look at it. The Axmister staff are generally helpful and knowledgable.

I thought you were trade? In which case I'd suggest spending quite a bit more if you can unless it's just for first fix type stuff.

If you have an Axminster near you I'd be inclined to go look at it. The Axmister staff are generally helpful and knowledgable.
There's an Ax in Nuneaton, isn't there? Not too far away.

I thought you were trade? In which case I'd suggest spending quite a bit more if you can unless it's just for first fix type stuff.

Yes probably a good idea. You're right I'm in the trade and have mostly used Dewalt and Makita in the past and have looked at both but when something comes along quite a bit cheaper then it's hard not to at least consider it. To be honest I've also looked at Metabo which seem good value and are probably better spares wise than the Jet . I've also had experience of the Rexon mitre saws and had one for a while. Not bad although the guard failed , plastic :rolleyes: , and eventually the motor went so I'm not looking there again.
As said it's for workshop use rather than site use and will be used for both hard and softwoods .

I used on of those on a decking job last summer and was imprest for a small saw.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back