Joe-90s vision of the future

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well it's bleak. Very bleak in-fact.
Race riots are just around the corner and home-grown terror will go on and on and on.
Take a look at what is happening in France.
There is rebelion and rioting by the underclasses.

Now look at the UK. Pick up any magazine or catalogue and it will be filled with black faces. The same with TV ads or college prospectuses.
Now tell me how many Kurds you see or Algerians or Iraqis or Iranians you see in those publications.
The answer? None.
The reason? They are the new underclass, the races at the bottom of the social pile. Take a look at the 21/7 would-be bombers - all from the underclasses with a chip on their shoulders.
The fact that society never celebrates their ethnicity as it does black people says a heck of a lot.
We ignore them. They are the dregs of society. Unspoken of in polite society.
It's just a matter of time until something lights the blue touch paper.

Then there is oil. It's running out but that isn't the main problem. The USA is just 5% of the Worlds people - yet they use 25% of the Worlds oil!
In a few years time the massive Chinese economy will dwarf the USA economy - and they'll want their 25% of the oil too. As will India and the Tiger economies of Asia. Do you get the picture? As supplies can barely keep up with demand today - how can it possibly keep up tomorrow? It cannot. An economy can only grow by using more oil - 5% less oil means recession. 10% less oil means depression. It's estimated that in 30 years time we will have 35% less oil which is a depression that makes the 30s look like the good ol' days. But the worst of it is - it is a depression that will last for the rest of your lives. It will never end. Nations will fight over the dwindling supplies (which is why the USA will never leave Iraq).

The halcyon days are nearing an end. Sorry, but it's true.
The best thing we can do is plan as best we can. Without oil we cannot intensive farm, yet without that sort of farming - we starve.

The future is bleak. As our economy falters and fails, the underclasses will be even more marginalised - just like in France. We are just a heartbeat away from rioting. It's time to plan for a very tough future. Taking the world and his wife in for ever and a day is the road to disaster. It's not racism - it's realism.

joe

Sponsored Links
petewood said:
Will we still be able to get double-choc magnums?

Only until the fridge stops humming.

Sponsored Links
joe-90 said:
Well it's bleak. Very bleak in-fact.
Race riots are just around the corner and home-grown terror will go on and on and on.
Take a look at what is happening in France.
There is rebelion and rioting by the underclasses.
It's just a matter of time until something lights the blue touch paper.

Of course. I have absolutely no doubts that there will be riots here soon - it's inevitable I'm afraid!

JulieL said:
Of course. I have absolutely no doubts that there will be riots here soon - it's inevitable I'm afraid!

I'm always afraid that these things turn into a 'self-fulfilling' prophecy. Like: oh, the economy is stagnating, oh the economy is stagnating. If more and more people hear this and believe it, the economy will stagnate cause everybody stops spending for the only reason that everybody tells them the economy is stagnating and they have to save their money.

WoodYouLike said:
JulieL said:

I'm always afraid that these things turn into a 'self-fulfilling' prophecy. Like: oh, the economy is stagnating, oh the economy is stagnating. If more and more people hear this and believe it, the economy will stagnate cause everybody stops spending for the only reason that everybody tells them the economy is stagnating and they have to save their money.

Just about anything said for long enough will eventually come to fruition (or a version of it); when the Indians (Native Americans) had a buffalo shortage they would dance to the gods to return the buffalo. The dance never failed. It never failed because they didn't stop dancing until the buffalo returned.

im going to be a millionaire

Blimey how long do i have to keep saying this for then?

Of course. I have absolutely no doubts that there will be riots here soon - it's inevitable I'm afraid![/quote]

Have you been living in a cave, we have had riots for years

crystal ball said:

Have you been living in a cave, we have had riots for years[/quote]

very true, i remember riots in toxteth in liverpool in 1979.

petewood said:
crystal ball said:

very true, i remember riots in toxteth in liverpool in 1979.[/quote]

Then why create another underclass? I thought you were a student of history?

petewood said:
crystal ball said:

very true, i remember riots in toxteth in liverpool in 1979.[/quote]

.........Sorry, just getting out of my cave!!!

I also lived in Moss Side during the 1980's riots there......it was very frightening.

My comments were in relation to the Paris situation happening here - due to the inequalities being experienced by certain groups within our society.

JulieL said:
My comments were in relation to the Paris situation happening here - due to the inequalities being experienced by certain groups within our society.

Are you suggesting that AS should become British Citizens by climbing in the back of a lorry?

joe

Sponsored Links
Back