John Terry, the trial and the real losers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So John has been found not guilty. Even if he had been found guilty he'd only be fined £2K. But the taxpayer has had to pay for the trial, I bet the total bill for that is £300,000 or more!

Sponsored Links
Reading the charges levelled at him and the statements he made during the football match (which John Terry actually admits) It seems it's now ok to call someone (of African / Jamaican origin) a f*****g, f******b black c**t. It's now official, saying that isn't racist. A court precedent has now been set. In the heat of an argument, you could call someone a black c**t and the courts must now find you NOT GUILTY of racial abuse.
Here's a link to the pdf of the judgement.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/hi/pdfs/13_07_12_r_v_john_terry.pdf
His case is that his words were
not uttered by way of abuse or insult nor were they intended to be abusive or
insulting.

There you are. In the heat of the moment , anyone can now utter such gutter talk and claim you didn't mean to be abusive and insulting,
The law surely is an ass.

JAS, The judge seems to think that John Terry was merely repeating the insults hurled at him by Anton Ferdinand. Are you seriously telling me that AF called JT a f****g black c**t?
And that JT was only repeating "parrot fashion" what AF had said?This part is most telling

Weighing all the evidence together, I think it is highly unlikely that Mr
Ferdinand accused Mr Terry on the pitch of calling him a black c**t.
However I accept that it is possible that Mr Terry believed at the time, and
believes now, that such an accusation was made.

The point is that John Terry admits he did call Anton Ferdinand a f*****g black c**t. Does it matter that it was in the heat of the moment or not? He's now found not guilty of racial abuse, even though he admitted uttering those words.
Try it down the pub tonight with a black person, and let me know what happens tomorrow.

Now, had JT only called him a f****g c**t and left out the word black, I could believe he's not guilty, but clearly the word black was used, therefore it follows that race was an issue.

Tell me what this bit was about then ?
The defendant does not deny that he used the words, “f**k off, f**k off”,
“f*****g black c**t” or “f*****g kn*****d”. His case is that his words were
not uttered by way of abuse or insult nor were they intended to be abusive or
insulting.
This wasn't insulting nor abusive?

Sponsored Links
If calling a black person a 'f.......B...........C....' is not racist, can I assume calling a coloured person a f........B........Bastard must also be quite OK???

So I can call a black person a c--t? And that's OK?

How about calling a white person a 'white c--t'?

you read it wrong

How have I read it wrong? John Terry admitted calling Anton Ferdinand a f****g black c**t.
His excuse was that it was in the heat of the moment and towards the end of a tiring match.
Let's say you've had a very tiring week at work and call into your local on the way home. A black guy starts and argument with you and it gets a bit heated. You end up calling him a f*****g black c**t (and admit as much in court) Would you be found not guilty of racial abuse?

Why a black person? What's colour got to do with it?

This should never have ended up in court. at least common sense ?? prevailed .

Joinerjohn, that's not what the judgement says.

They found that JT believed AF accused him of calling him(AF) a B... C... JT then repeated the accusation in an incredulous way, dismissing it and calling him a knobhead into the bargain. So they said.

Isn't it wonderful that we can employ people to get hold of something simple and straightforward and twist it inside out in a desperate attempt to turn 'black into white' and how lucky for those types that they can charge a huge sum of money for their services, thank god they don't suffer any guilt with regard to relating the truth!

Sponsored Links
Back