Wanted Killer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Drinking and driving.using phone whilst driving.speeding.high on drugs.....No one sets out to kill anyone..He had been in trouble about his speedboat antics too..
Speeding in a boat.in the dark.after drinking alcohol.no lifejacket.what could possibly go wrong!
Im not defending him, he is many things but imo labeling him a killer is a little confusing and possibly
misleading as what we relate to in our minds what a killer actually is. She was piloting the boat and i doubt
he wanted her to hit a sunken log at speed. What about her part in this tragedy?

Sponsored Links
He's not a killer.
jack the ripper was a killer.
What about the people responsible for the installation of the cladding on Grenfell Tower? Are they killers?
What about the policemen who shot Jean Charles de Menezes? Are they killers?
What about the guy who fell asleep at the wheel of his car, ran onto a railway track and caused a derailment and train crash in whihc 10 people died? Was he a killer?
What about any driver who by negligence causes an accident in which people die? Is he a killer?

I suppose the media are using the term killer, which might interpret as murderer.

Grenfell -I would think that would be corporate manslaughter.

Policeman who shot Charles De Menezes -is a killer.

A soldier that shoots an enemy is a killer.

As far as I can see killer is a noun, to kill is the verb. It describes an action. It has no legal meaning

Not the same as difference between murder, manslaughter, felony murder.

I suppose the media are using the term killer, which might interpret as murderer.
Interpret by whom?

Grenfell -I would think that would be corporate manslaughter.
Corporate killers?

Policeman who shot Charles De Menezes -is a killer.

A soldier that shoots an enemy is a killer.
But not murderers, necessarily.

As far as I can see killer is a noun, to kill is the verb. It describes an action. It has no legal meaning
Does it have to be an action? What about lack of action? What about boneheaded stupidity which is not designed to kill but which any normal person can see carries a huge risk that it will result in a death?

Not the same as difference between murder, manslaughter, felony murder.
Indeed not.

But apparently Mr Shepherd is guilty of one of those and is being described as a killer. Is that wrong?

Some diseases are described as killers - is that wrong?

What about the people responsible for the installation of the cladding on Grenfell Tower? Are they killers?
No. Some a hole let his flat go on fire which caused all the deaths. Then the firemen refused to evacuate.
What about the policemen who shot Jean Charles de Menezes? Are they killers?
No
What about the guy who fell asleep at the wheel of his car, ran onto a railway track and caused a derailment and train crash in whihc 10 people died? Was he a killer?
No
What about any driver who by negligence causes an accident in which people die? Is he a killer?
No

Jack the ripper was a killer.

Last edited:
Interpret by whom

Emotive language by the media, interpreted by the readers.

Corporate killers?
Does it have to be an action? What about lack of action? What about boneheaded stupidity which is not designed to kill but which any normal person can see carries a huge risk that it will result in a death

I think its about separating the technically correct use of the English language from using adjectives for emotive interpretation.

The dictionary describes a killer as:
killer definition: 1. someone who kills another person: 2. something that kills people, especially a disease or other illness: 3. something that destroys something:

On that basis, as he didnt kill another person he cant be a killer.

Some diseases are described as killers - is that wrong?
A disease can kill you, so you can have a killer disease.

But apparently Mr Shepherd is guilty of one of those and is being described as a killer. Is that wrong?

Yes, the word killer describes an action, whereas murder, manslaughter or felony murder are all legal definitions of crimes

So, one could say he is responsible for her death, he 'as good as murdered her' or he committed manslaughter. The word killer, although wrong is easier for the press to use.

Notch, careful, you're beginning to sound like EFL's love child :)

Please do not falsify quotes. Please do not be abusive.
Please do not falsify quotes. Please do not be abusive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back