John Terry

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not a great fan of his but is it right that he can be found not guilty in a court of law, then found guilty by a group, who are only bound by a set of rules set up by a sporting body.
Stinks to me, but then thats football

Sponsored Links
The t*ssers at the FA obviously needed a top up for their pension pots!

Since he was cleared by the law of the land, I believe they are guilty of slander!

He may well have been found not guilty by a jury of his peers, but basically, he was as guilty as sin. I think they argued over the context, the offending words were said in.
You can bet his team mates are now worried about what JT is going to do whilst they're on the footie pitch for ninety minutes, and he's sat in the stands with their WAG's :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Apparently the difference is "beyond reasonable doubt" and the "likelihood of probability" according to the legal bods.
What is the ffing difference.
Surely the law of the land supersedes the kangeroo law.

Sponsored Links
He may well have been found not guilty by a jury of his peers, but basically, he was as guilty as sin. I think they argued over the context, the offending words were said in.
Whatever you think, the court says he's innocent...And it was a magistrates court, so no 'jury of peers'...

The FA are a bunch who are incompetent at everything they do..

Well almost everything....They are good at kangaroo courts, because if you are accused by them, them you are always found guilty - well 98.5% of the time anyway!

Whatever you think, the court says he's innocent...And it was a magistrates court, so no 'jury of peers'...

The FA are a bunch who are incompetent at everything they do..

Well almost everything....They are good at kangaroo courts, because if you are accused by them, them you are always found guilty - well 98.5% of the time anyway!

They have to get a income for the xmas party afterall.
Footballers can afford the contribution.

If they wanted to make Terry look a bit of an ar$e, they should have found him entirely innocent. This would have made his resignation/retirement look petulant and pointless.

As it is, the FA have scored an own goal by overruling a legal decision!

I thought the panel consisted of qualified legal beagles.
Not so , Graham Taylor just admitted on Sky Sports news that he had been on one of those panels in the past. :confused: :confused:
Anybody know who was on the current panel?

Judicial Panel
Membership 2012 / 2013
Gary Aplin
Maurice Armstrong
Peter Barnes
Ivor Beeks
Roger Burden
Malcolm Clarke
Peter Clayton
Roger Howlett
Brian Jones
Geoff Lee
Elaine Oram
Roger Pawley
Jack Pearce
Tony Sharples
Geoff Thompson
Billy Thomson
Steve Vasey
Brett Warburton
Thura Win

Since he was cleared by the law of the land, I believe they are guilty of slander!

The prosecution had no way to PROVE that when he said "you are a black c##t", that Terry was simply repeating what Ferdinand has said. Yeah righto.
Incredible what money can buy.

The fact that he has a four match ban and is £220k poorer means that at leat the FA are showing a modicum of nous. :rolleyes:

Judicial Panel
Membership 2012 / 2013
Gary Aplin
Maurice Armstrong
Peter Barnes
Ivor Beeks
Roger Burden
Malcolm Clarke
Peter Clayton
Roger Howlett
Brian Jones
Geoff Lee
Elaine Oram
Roger Pawley
Jack Pearce
Tony Sharples
Geoff Thompson
Billy Thomson
Steve Vasey
Brett Warburton
Thura Win

Some shady names on there indeed.
Was that the peter barns the little dumpy blondy who used to run himself ragged on the wing for Man City ?(and get nowhere)
Ivor beaks is a great name though. :LOL:

Almost as bad as Ivor Biggun.
WTFs Thura Win ?.

The prosecution had no way to PROVE that when he said "you are a black c##t", that Terry was simply repeating what Ferdinand has said. Yeah righto.
Incredible what money can buy.

Pardon my ignorance but if it cant be proved, dosen't that mean, not guilty, or as they say in Scotland, "not proven"
Just as well we don't have the death penalty with people like you on the jury.

After the fiasco they had with Suarez and Evra, they had no choice but ban him.....i'm just surprised it was only 4 games!

This isn't the way to stop racism - it makes it worse not better.

Sponsored Links
Back