junction box for cooker supply under bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our electrician (from registered local firm, not dodgy) has just used the wire that used to feed an electric shower in the bathroom to wire the oven in the kitchen below. This has meant extending the wire with a junction box and then running it through the ceiling below. He has put this in the space under the bath, but just sitting on the floor boards.

The space is enclosed with a screwed in bath panel. I believe this means it is outside the 'zones' but I'm nervous about having a junction box sitting under the bath like this in case something springs a leak. Is this accepted practice? It seems a bit odd to a novice like me (and every one else I've mentioned it to!).

Sponsored Links
hello mate yes if its under the bath and can only be got at by the means of a tool it is outside the zones , you could have a double socket under the bath if you liked but i know what you mean i wouldnt like to do it myself

Or full re-wire of the circuit?

Maybe OP didn't want to pay for that.

Also if old shower cct being used maybe on RCD.

Also whenever I've been called in following a water leak it seems to end up n the ceiling roses.

Sponsored Links
Crimps, heatshrink, self-amalgamating tape?

And maybe photos so that some poor sap doesn't pull it apart in the future just to check that the conductors aren't twisted together...?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back