Junction box in bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Opinions please on the use of the junction box, under this new ch boiler installation.

The boiler is in Zone 3.
The 230 supply entering the bottom of the JB, is from a switched fuse spur on other side of the wall outside the bathroom.

IMG_7085sm.jpg

Sponsored Links
Assuming it is screwed to the wall, it looks fine.

No zone 3 any more, not that that makes any difference.

Opinions please on the use of the junction box, under this new ch boiler installation.

The boiler is in Zone 3.

The boiler isn't in a zone, there is no zone 3, is the boiler going to be boxed in a cupboard? As long as the cables are clipped up to the jb providing cable restraint, then it is fine. would benefit from the boiler cover being installed tho

OK, thanks.

Sure I could have typed outside zone 2. Names change but zone 3 is still understood. :).

Cupboard will eventually be resinstated.

Sponsored Links
We all knew what he meant, one of my customers always asks for extra plugs, I don't turn up with a box of 13 amp plugs and ask where do you want these squire?

something to do with the London Underground.

We all knew what he meant, one of my customers always asks for extra plugs, I don't turn up with a box of 13 amp plugs and ask where do you want these squire?
Why not?

I think I know what you are getting at but I honestly am not sure.

Is that why you chose the user name that you did?

The site manager of one of my regulars always asks for more plugs, I always oblige with sockets

Zone 3 wasn't meainingless in the 16th. If you've been a sparks long enough, there are many things that may seem meaningless to some 'young' sparks. But that doesn't mean they are.

Who knows what 4 star is? Is that meaningless because it's all unleaded with C2H5OH these days?

Semantics not worth debating; and I'm not going to.

Zone 3 wasn't meainingless in the 16th. If you've been a sparks long enough, there are many things that may seem meaningless to some 'young' sparks. But that doesn't mean they are.
I’m not a sparks and zone 3 is meaningless to me. I guess the same applies to most members here. It is after all called diynot.

The site manager of one of my regulars always asks for more plugs, I always oblige with sockets

Why? If you know he means sockets why don’t you politely explain? One day you won’t be there when he calls and your replacement will give him plugs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back