Jury service

Sponsored Links
1st time: At Uni studying/exams (early 70s). Excused.
2nd time: Needed at work for international meetings (late 70s). Excused.
3rd time: No excuse possible (early retired). One short trial over two days. Otherwise not needed for the 2 weeks. (2010 ish). Mostly just had to call the Court to see if I needed to go in for potential selection. I found it all rather fascinating.

Wife called last year or so. Told them her disabilities would make it exceeding difficult. Excused.

OP Get your 'friend' to ask here with details of why they don't want to /cannot do their Civic Duty.

What about if you told them you were a racist, islomophobic, anti-Semitic, trans hating homophobe with a russian Mum - do you think that covers everything.

What about if you told them you were a racist, islomophobic, anti-Semitic, trans hating homophobe with a russian Mum - do you think that covers everything.
Or, that all police are liars and the accused was probably fitted up.

Sponsored Links
Non driver called up for jury service at a crown court 45 miles away with appalling public transport connections. Couldn't get there by the start time without setting off the day before. Excused.

Trans? All day.

I doubt it would be a valid excuse though.
Er no

In any event I am asking for a mate

I agree I am pretty disgusted as well that he won’t do his civic duty

Do his bit for the country

No sense of community

As a responsible person Transam would do his bit if asked even if it did mean sitting in a room with 11 fruit cakes :giggle:;)

Last edited:
I got kicked out because i was making a racket!!

Don't forget a fair trial has to be precede the jury's verdict

probably better than sitting in a room as a solitary fruitcake

Er no

A jury consists of 12 people

Although Transam being clued up and on the ball
I could probably decide any case on my own ??

Application of common sense which I have in abundance :cool:

And my sense of fair play firm but fair :cool:

Sponsored Links
Back