Just out of interest

Eddie M said:
I seem to remember simon (securespark) saying that receiving an electrical shock whilst working for his outfit was a disciplinary offence :?:

Yes, Eddie, that's right.

Even if we have an electrical "accident" (like cutting through a live cable), we are suspended for a few days, pending a thorough electrical competence assessment.

We have extremely strict company procedures to follow, and cannot
"work" live. The only live stuff we can do is testing.

Sponsored Links
securespark said:
Even if we have an electrical "accident" (like cutting through a live cable), we are suspended for a few days, pending a thorough electrical competence assessment.

Providing you tell anyone ;)

I can only recall doing it twice, but decent insulated cutters prevented me from being shocked.

RF Lighting said:
securespark said:

Providing you tell anyone ;)

I can only recall doing it twice, but decent insulated cutters prevented me from being shocked.
You still needed new snips and new pants though :LOL:

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
did you know, some people who die of a heart attack it was later proven they had an electric shock within the last 24 hours

I was on a first-aid course a couple of years back and the tutor reckoned that after suffering even a small shock that the recipient should go to hospital to have their heartbeat checked, as it may have set out-of-kilter as a a consequence. Any views?

Never heaard that one, and am a trained first aider...they do bang on about the dangers of electric shock, and the different ways it can kill, but I have never heard anyone say that UNLESS there is caused for concern such as an obvious irregular heartbeat or other medical problems..

it is true though, some one i know had an electric shock, not his fault, and he was told to go to hospital, they did give him an ? is it ecg?

stick lots of plasters and wires to monitor heart

breezer said:
it is true though, some one i know had an electric shock, not his fault, and he was told to go to hospital, they did give him an ? is it ecg?

stick lots of plasters and wires to monitor heart
cant remember what ECG stands for now - Electronic Cardio Graph? that seems to make sense.

breezer said:
I am bald by choice.

me, Telly Savalas, Yule Brynner, spot the difference. (other than they are dead)

Rich and famous.

Sponsored Links
Back