Just try to connect a Honeywell BDR 91 to replace a CM907 i

For the love of god do not provide the N & L from a separate source as the power for your boiler.
:evil: what are you doing here old man ? no help only contempt :rolleyes:
A class one prannet here.

IT WON'T WORK WITH TWO WIRES!
you must proud of what you are... :evil:

but when your tryng to deceive beginner, you do show who you really are beyond the mask in reality. :(

It is a real pleasure to does n t know you personely :) , because someone like you who mocks and deceives the people does not have his place in a support forum like diynot.com

If you got most of your thanks with misleading responce of course it is not surprising. :mrgreen:

your maybe a good techician or plumb , but you v got to lurn a lot about living with others :confused: did you know that 70 years ago in a european country a man spoked like you , all who do not had the same point of vieuw,where prannet in is point of vieuw , and where there only serve for is profit ( if you do not understand, the country was germany) an this man bild his dream whis the blood of millions prannets, efficient but mortal for most of his listener :(

Fortunately, there are peopole lik Matt1e an the others who realy want to help a great thanks to them :)

Sponsored Links
dangerous.

If you isolate the boiler the control box will still be live

you know better than Honeywell Technical Support Engineer who said:

" in the BDR91 plus you have to connect a Neutral to N and a Permanent Live to L so in total you will have 4 wires, you need a permanent live and neutral as well otherwise it will not be able to receive a signal from your handheld unit."

"A permanent live means it is always live, this would be from the fused spur."

so permanant live tels Honeywell , an to be sure thats why i asked here :)

As I've said.... You do not know what you are doing and were about to leave your thermostat dangerous. In fact byvtgd sounds of it you are going to plough on and do it anyway.

I'm not sure why you think I am deceiving you and frankly I don't care.

Comparing me to Hitler is pretty damn stupid cad is wiring your bdr with a second power supply.

Perhaps I should at thus stage point out that I too am a member of the Honeywell Installer Network and would be mightily annoyed if I were called to repair you unit later and got a belt because some idiot gave a second power supply.

A harsh critic I maybe but I have given you 3 perfectly valid pieces of advice.

How you take them is totally up to you. And yes I'm totally happy with who, what and where I am thanks.

dangerous.

If you isolate the boiler the control box will still be live

you know better than Honeywell Technical Support Engineer who said:

" in the BDR91 plus you have to connect a Neutral to N and a Permanent Live to L so in total you will have 4 wires, you need a permanent live and neutral as well otherwise it will not be able to receive a signal from your handheld unit."

"A permanent live means it is always live, this would be from the fused spur."

so permanant live tels Honeywell , an to be sure thats why i asked here :)

Honeywell are not condoning dual power sources in that quote.

Sponsored Links
if you are a real Honeywell Installer
make a clear an easy to understand sketch of the wires like mat did

but if you only come here to find jobs to do it's clever from you:cool:
Comparing me to Hitler is pretty damn stupid .

not surprising :rolleyes: I just said you talked like he whas.
talking is not necessarily acting, but thinking the same way , some are Superior, and you maybe think you are .
Maybe the only diference between you and him is that you do not seem to have a mental illness as he had.
to Be proud of you, and feeling Superior that's the real danger :(

You already have drawings. Honeywell's and Matt's.

Now either acknowledge that you should not use a second power source, or cherry pick the bits of advice you deem necessary and carry on.

My opinion of you being a grade A prannet is, I'm sorry to say, still valid. At least I haven't stopped so low as to compare a stranger to Hitler.

To be honest sigi, you are ignoring expert advice and have resorted to insulting those providing it. This is often the case when the original poster hasn't got a clue, but doesn't like being told so.
At best, you may damage your equipment, at worst injure or kill somebody.
Get a heating engineer in.
:eek:

Honeywell says "You haven’t wired the BDR91 correctly on your CM907 the wires were in A and B these have to go into A and B in the BDR91
The blue wire in B is NOT a neutral. A and B are the two connections to a switch inside BDR91 The red wire to A is the live side and the blue wire from B is the switched side to the boiler.

plus you have to connect a Neutral to N and a Permanent Live to L so in total you will have 4 wires, you need a permanent live and neutral as well otherwise it will not be able to receive a signal from your handheld unit."
The permanent live and neutral should come from the same circuit as the boiler and pump, and be controlled by the same wall switch. This makes sure that everything is turned off when you turn this switch off. It's safer!

The permanent live and neutral should come from the same circuit as the boiler and pump, and be controlled by the same wall switch. This makes sure that everything is turned off when you turn this switch off. It's safer!

more clear than that, it cant be, :)
thanks, for all comments.

diynot.com is a great forum to help users finding solution to their problems.

:rolleyes: only some people who daring self promoting their professional expertise and rib who do not have the same knowledge of these questions, and think they are above the others thanks to their knowledge , like that old scoundrel who believed i was superior to the majority of hese contemporin.( a litle bit history do not kill and prevent big mistakes if whe can learn from the mistakes from the others)

Not entirely sure how I have been any more self promoting than any other professional here?

I was the first to warn against dual power supplies.

You were the one that didn't want to heed my and other's advice.

Then for some reason you decided to bring Hitler into the mix....which is somewhat bemusing considering you are from a country that was invaded twice by Germany... The first time just because you were in the way :LOL:

Good job I'm not Jewish otherwise I might have actually taken offence.

:p every country was once invaded or twice uk too, just earlier by the Roman ( who became italian ) and by the Normand ( who became the Frenchies) so evrybody in the UK have in is blood a little bit of italian and french blood .

and on your picture you have a nice Roman profile

is n t it funny my dear Dan Robinson whe are maybe far cousin .

peace man be cool life is hard enough.

everey body are equal, just some more lucky than others ;)

I know this thread is quite old now, but I just found it looking for advice on installing this exact same unit.

On the diagram shown by JonCa on 1/2/13, the live supply seems to go through the BDR91 to the boiler, but as far as I can see, this would mean that the boiler will only work when the CMT921 switches it on. What about the Hot Water side?

I thought that I should piggyback the live and neutral from the boiler and the A and B in my case from the T1 and T2 (Room stat link) on my GB24 boiler.

Do I have it right?

Regards
Pete

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back