keep your hand behind the blade!

bought a pack of knives from screwfix. They all have a sticker on saying "caution knives are designed to be sharp" Thats why i bloody bought them!

Sponsored Links
Saw a bloke put BOTH hands into a planner/thicknesser once, stopped him picking hi nose.

I got the job of inspecting it, what a f****** mess. The amazing thing was all the guards and safety devices were ok, but this donut forced his hands under the front guard you could see where the guard had bruised the back of his hands, he'd been doing it for ages.

An apprentice working with me many years ago chopped the tip of his right index finger off on a foot operated guillotine. 3 months off work.

End of the week he is working with me again. Chops the top of his left index finger off on a hand guillotine!

Talk about consistency. The amazing thing was all the guards were in place and correctly fitted. To this day I don't know how he did it! :eek:

I was fixing one of those "linear actuators" one day. (A motorised door opener). The gearbox had jammed up because all the grease had dried up. I connected it to a 24v battery and I could see the gears struggling to turn.

So, like a complete numpty, I applied a big dollop of grease with my index finger. That did the trick! My finger was whipped through the gears so quickly I didn't even feel it. Took the fleshy end right off. Amazingly, it grew back. Took about 6 months to grow and three years for the nerves to work again so I could feel things.

Sponsored Links
Power plane did it for me. :eek:

Lunched down the side of my left index finder. :eek:

My whole left arm juddered as it went down my finger but I never felt any pain. :p

Wheres all that blood coming from. :rolleyes:

Not too embarrased to say that I nearly fainted. :oops:
Flippin hurt later on too. :rolleyes:

I'm normally REALLY careful and to this day I don't know how I managed to do it.

Dave.

i work with power tools every day, some really dangerous, anyway i finished work and managed to cut the end of my finger off while cutting some bread for my dinner! :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back