1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Kenwood American Fridge KSBSDIX16

Discussion in 'Appliances' started by tom grogan, 4 Aug 2020.

1. tom grogan

tom grogan

Thanks Received:
    Ireland
    Have Kenwood fridge which is about 2.5 years old. Display Control Panel has a mind of its own and is changing temp in the fridge, turning off ice, putting child lock on etc. Anybody else had this issue. Just thinking of changing panel but would appreciate any advice on this

2. Sponsored Links
  3. Anna H

Anna H

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Ibought same fridge Freezer around 2years ago and have same problem.. Cant found any answer what could be cause control panel problem..

4. MartK

MartK

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hello, same issue with mine going back about 3 months. We have had the appliance for 2 years. Currys, when I can actually get hold of them, are refusing to fix it without payment as itsbout of warranty. I wonder how many other people have had this issue? If we can demonstrate that its a maufacturing/design fault then the sellers may be obliged to repair/replace for free. Has anyone resolved this yet?

5. Bigluger

Bigluger

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Nope, looking into it now. mine has started doing the same but if you wait for the panel to go dormant and press the button required, it does scroll down the temp, or turn on the ice, turn off the holiday feature etc etc. it only works for a couple of times and then stops working. let the fridge go dormant and try again. eventually you can reset your temps and ice /water settings. its a short term fix until i get it fixed long term. will be speaking to kenwood/Hisense tomorrow.

6. foxhole

foxhole

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Have Kenwood, different model but any problems I have with display are due to wiring damage at top hinge.

7. jj4091

jj4091

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
  8. Huwj4_2000

Huwj4_2000

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I have a ksbsdix16, about 2 years old, same problem. This morning, my milk is warm!

9. Sponsored Links