Kia Service Issue

The weather has been significantly colder, so might that account for worse mpg?
Maybe, but certainly NOT 20%. The cold weather has an effect in the Warm up period, but once upto or near running temperature then I don't think there would be much difference, in my very limited experience. Certainly wasn't noticeable last winter.

Sponsored Links
Has the car been running while being De iced ?

And what parts were changed at service ? Any report from the service of attention needed anywhere or additional items to service parts replaced ?

But I think it's most likely cold weather related and would expect the dealer to say try over a few more tankfulls and let's see

Has the car been running while being De iced ?

And what parts were changed at service ? Any report from the service of attention needed anywhere or additional items to service parts replaced ?

But I think it's most likely cold weather related and would expect the dealer to say try over a few more tankfulls and let's see
No to the running whilst being de-Iced question.
In so far as What parts were replaced during service was never disclosed to me other than it was a major service and a lot of bits and pieces were replaced.
I don't believe a 20% reduction in efficiency to be weather related, it didn't happen last year.
The significant point of this event was that before service I returned 48mpg, after service 40mpg, it wasn't even cold when the car was returned after service but I still achieved only 40mpg.
As I implied in my initial posting, I suspect I have an argument with KIA service on my hands and my posting was fishing for ammunition to use in that battle, as I know very little about 21st century cars. I am from the simple days of the mid 20th century, and all has changed, sometimes for the worse.

Sponsored Links
No to the running whilst being de-Iced question.
In so far as What parts were replaced during service was never disclosed to me other than it was a major service and a lot of bits and pieces were replaced.
I don't believe a 20% reduction in efficiency to be weather related, it didn't happen last year.
The significant point of this event was that before service I returned 48mpg, after service 40mpg, it wasn't even cold when the car was returned after service but I still achieved only 40mpg.
As I implied in my initial posting, I suspect I have an argument with KIA service on my hands and my posting was fishing for ammunition to use in that battle, as I know very little about 21st century cars. I am from the simple days of the mid 20th century, and all has changed, sometimes for the worse.
I'm my opinion it is unlikely to be anything connected to the service, unless it's brake related.

if you don't know what parts were replaced that would be your 1at thing to identify. Should be easy to see, on the bill.

Back