Kias Sedona, opinions please...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im looking at changing cars later this year, need something bigger (3 kids along the back seat is asking for touble!!) and we have been looking at the sedona.

we are looking at a deisel manual around 2005 vintage (last of the old shape)
I know a couple of people with them, and they like them.
I know there are a few mechanics on here, so, any gotchas to keep an eye out for? the only thing I have seen on older ones is rust on the tailgate around the numberplate area.

Sponsored Links
Only my observations mate but they need extra rustproofing underneath - there didn't seem to be much wax or underseal there at all.
I've only had dealings with one - the fuel gauge had failed, and needed a new sender in the tank. It was impossible to get the unit out as the screws were made of cheese, so a new tank needed :eek:
Quite a good vehicle overall - but the later ones are improving all the while.
John :)

how about a galaxy/sharan alhambra,the tdis(which are vw) are good for about 50 mpg on a run,which isnt bad for a car that weighs nearly 2 tonne.

or a touran?
zafira?propably not big enough,ive got 3 kids and mine wasnt ;)

the glaxy/similar is an option, the wife wants slidy doors though.
touran, out of budget, deisel zafira cant pull our caravan...

Sponsored Links
the glaxy/similar is an option, the wife wants slidy doors though.
touran, out of budget, deisel zafira cant pull our caravan...

dunno about the kias,
but some of the mpvs that have slidy doors do not have all working windows,
bear that in mind because they are like green houses and get b.loody hot.

yeah, the kia does have proper up/down windows.

doesnt really matter if they have air con though :LOL:

I know someone who has a 02 plate galaxy 1.9 TDi (115) GHIA , and wants to sell it cos he's not used to the AUTO transmition, I thought it was supposed to make life easier? :D

I know someone who has a 02 plate galaxy 1.9 TDi (115) GHIA , and wants to sell it cos he's not used to the AUTO transmition, I thought it was supposed to make life easier? :D

more like there getting worried of the expensive repair bill of an auto when it goes pop. ;)

more like there getting worried of the expensive repair bill of an auto when it goes pop. ;)
It's a great runner, gregers, and has full service history, so why should it go pop :eek: .

I still have mine tho. and might keep it and if I want a change, was addvised to just get gearbox changed to a manual, what do say gregers. :p

there are a lot of horror stories on the galaxy site i help moderate,
http://www.fordgalaxy.org.uk/ford/index.php?

lots of posts about autos gearboxes having problems,general consensus is go for a manuel and also get a tdi,as these are about 99% vw anyway.

but like anything if its running fine then there a dream to own.

I've had a Sedona for 5 years from new. For it's price it's been perfect, kids love the seat arrangement, and with all the seats out I can get an amazing amount of stuff in it which I then drive down to central France, and it's never missed a beat. It pulls a 5-berth caravan like nothing is there.
a niggly fault is the design of the front door window seals, in winter when they are cold they have a tendency to fold as you close the window.
Also I now run the tyres at 45psi. Lower than that the shoulders scrub prematurely.
Oh, and last week the air-con stopped working, needs re-charging.
If you can get one with a 7-year warranty in force it's worth it.
I've now bought a new Picanto (as certain GD forum posters are aware!) which for a town car is also great. The warranty is what makes the Kias unbeatable. Ignore the snobs who scoff at Korean cars!

Sponsored Links
Back