kids killing babies

Yeah I suppose you're right, bit like you cant blame russia and america supplying weapons to countries for political gain ;)

Sponsored Links
come on mate, for a start supplying drink to an 'intoxicated' person is illegal

and secondly you have to establish degrees of intent, intent being the operative word. Sean Mercer deliberately aimed and fired. he is responsible, not his mother, not the social worker, not society, but him.

Sean Mercer went out with a gun that night but did not intend to kill Rhys, the lad got caught up in the crossfire. You could almost describe his death as an accident as Mercer shot him by accident.Mercer however was trying to murder other people, rival gang members.

Now before you start.

Mercer appears to be a violent thug who doesn't give a sh#t about anyone and if he hadn't been out and about with a loaded gun Rhys would still be alive instead of rotting in a box. Mercer deserves everything that he has got and 22 yrs down the line somebody should review his attitude and if not happy with it lock him up for another spell.

The people who supply guns to criminals should carry a good part of the blame for what happens on our streets.

These people make a load of money from selling dreams to kids who think that they are "someone" once they own a gun. Take these people out of the equation and the guns off the streets and accidents like Rhys's death will be avoided. If Mercer hadn't had access to a gun he would have possibly gone after his rivals anyway but with a knife or a bat but there would have been no shooting of an innocent child.

We, as society promote the gang culture that is spreading across the UK. We play "gangsta" music on the TV. We revel in violent computer games, we will buy them as Christmas presents for our children FFS
Movies show gang members as heroes. etc etc

Sponsored Links
Yeah I suppose you're right, bit like you cant blame russia and america supplying weapons to countries for political gain

im assuming, by your name, that your not a woman, so i would ask you to stop twisting my words, ya cheeky f**ker ;)

the main words i said were: intent ie did they supply in knowledge to do harm, if they did then yes they should receive a similar punishment as the end user.

separate offence supplying a firearm vs pulling the trigger should be dealt with differently

-----------------------------------

Sean Mercer went out with a gun that night but did not intend to kill Rhys

he did intend to kill. and as yous said intend to murder other people so he is guilty of at least attempted murder and man slaughter.

Mercer deserves everything that he has got and 22 yrs down the line somebody should review his attitude and if not happy with it lock him up for another spell.
yep i agree with you

These people make a load of money from selling dreams to kids who think that they are "someone" once they own a gun.

thats a straw man argument. you have to take thing case by case dont invent circumstances to blame people.

Bilioustrumpstaine, you go on to say that bad parents should accept the blame. i just dont agree with that. i dont like this 'passing the buck' scenario. they might have had bad parents and so might have their parent before them. whilst i agree you are
influenced by your upbringing, in the end, the responsibility for a persons actions lies in the person who committed them

im assuming, by your name, that your not a woman, so i would ask you to stop twisting my words, ya cheeky f**ker ;)

the main words i said were: intent ie did they supply in knowledge to do harm, if they did then yes they should receive a similar punishment as the end user.

separate offence supplying a firearm vs pulling the trigger should be dealt with differently
I was being cheeky sorry :D think it was my feminine side coming out?

peteftw";p="1085262 said:
These people make a load of money from selling dreams to kids who think that they are "someone" once they own a gun.

thats a straw man argument. you have to take thing case by case dont invent circumstances to blame people.

Bilioustrumpstaine, you go on to say that bad parents should accept the blame. i just dont agree with that. i dont like this 'passing the buck' scenario. they might have had bad parents and so might have their parent before them. whilst i agree you are
influenced by your upbringing, in the end, the responsibility for a persons actions lies in the person who committed them

I don't think I have blamed the parents in my posts. I don't recall calling any parents "bad".(in my posts)

I think in some circumstances parents are a contributing factor but not necessarily every case. You can have bad parents who bring up reasonable kids (the Shannon case for example, Shannon looked the brightest of the bunch IMHO) Some kids like Mercer are just nasty.

People who supply guns to kids deserve harsh punishment, stating that kids buy guns as status symbols is not inventing cicumstances, that is what happens.

People who supply guns to kids deserve harsh punishment
yes agreed

stating that kids buy guns as status symbols is not inventing cicumstances, that is what happens.

thats not what you said, what you did say was:

now that suggests that every person who passes on a gun is duping an otherwise innocent kid into a life of crime. thats all i was arguing with.

im gonna drop out of this debate i think ive said everything i want to say.

Bilioustrumpstaine, tim west you both made good points. billyo i think you have the IQ of a banana

:LOL: Hey Bilioustrumpstaine I always thought that billyo was a slippery customer waddya think? ;)

peteftw, mom let the little sh#t out at night and he had been stopped by police 80 times, he was only 16 , do you think she may have known her little joy boy was a gang member ,maybe she should have got him a book to read, guns are us . give her grief and his runaway dad.
banana :LOL: and i though you were only a lemon dip , or was it a dip stick ;)

peteftw";p="1085331 said:

now that suggests that every person who passes on a gun is duping an otherwise innocent kid into a life of crime. thats all i was arguing with.

I see. that isn't quite what I meant, I should substitute the word dreams for guns.

Now about billyo and the banana..................

Why has no one mentioned the fact his mother was on the game? shows what type of life he has been living, not that justifies any crime he has commited.

He has been let loose,one of the biggest problems in britain today.

Sponsored Links
Back