Kilowattage question. Help please.

No I think it is not so much flawed as such john but there are times, even in "high usage" where everything is off, therefore sufficiently cooled, to start all at once scenario repeatedly too, so that might factor in also to varying degrees of usage I suspect.
That would surely strengthen the possibility of my thinking being flawed, wouldn't it? That 'everything off to start all at once scenario repeatedly" would surely be less likely in a commercial or semi-commercial situation than a standard domestic one, wouldn't it - despite the diversity calculations being far less 'generous' in those situations?
I reckon that someone cleverer than us might be able to inform us better on this topic.
I suspect that is nearly always the case, in relation to most things - you and are are, after all, 'mere mortals', hence by no means omniscient :)

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
OK. So I did all the LABC officer asked for in Oct 2019. Fire doors, Induction hob, and most expensively and crucially, the Automist system costing me over £3K which he and his Fire Safety Officer approved [in writing] back in oct 2019 and now BC is saying he's not sure he can sign it off.

He says he needs to go back and check with his FSO [to see if his arse is covered probably] as Hammersmith & Fulham council decided in 2022, not to approve of Automist systems any longer as adequate fire safety system. I'm still waiting for him to get back to me as to whether he'll sign it off or not. He called last Wednesday and I still haven't heard.

The biggest mistake I made was not using a private building control service. The council are stuck in the past, useless, inefficient, lazy and unimaginative.

In terms of fire risk I would expect BCOs to be a bit paranoid given the ongoing revelations from the Grenfell enquiry. Plus the 3 year gap between approval and installation won't be helping your case (yes I know there was a small global pandemic going on but don't expect that to be a useful defence).
I've never dealt with private BCOs as never had the need, always found the council BCOs up here to be happy to assess non-standard (ie not slavishly following approved docs for good reasons) setups.

Sponsored Links
In terms of fire risk I would expect BCOs to be a bit paranoid given the ongoing revelations from the Grenfell enquiry. Plus the 3 year gap between approval and installation won't be helping your case (yes I know there was a small global pandemic going on but don't expect that to be a useful defence).
I've never dealt with private BCOs as never had the need, always found the council BCOs up here to be happy to assess non-standard (ie not slavishly following approved docs for good reasons) setups.
4 year gap actually OBND. But I take your point.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back