Kingspan septic tank not working

How were the wires connected in the old motor?
I note some out-of-focus images earlier. Are there better ones? Or the other end of the cable?

It looks like maybe the yellow one is the earth. In the earlier photo it seemed to be connected to the left-most terminal, with a brighter yellow wire from the otherside going to an (earth?) screw. Maybe.

The capacitor connection is clear from the diagram. Which way do you want it to turn?

Sponsored Links
And strip the ends back a bit to expose some clean copper.

Hi there mate and thanks for the reply ;)

This is how the old motor was originally wired...

IMG_7340.PNG

Yes the original wires are discoloured and hard to make out. The furthest right is earth.

I'll check what way it turns in the morning and wire the capacitor in accordingly. The wires on this are very poor so may have to solder.

Any thoughts on what goes where with the others as I'm lost :(

Many thanks.

Well there’s a big element of “if you don’t even understand this, you shouldn’t be messing with it”.

But having said that, it’s clear which wire is the earth and where that should go. Then you can connect the other two either way around, but in the terminals appropriate for the required direction of rotation.

Sponsored Links
Yes I agree, but I've been getting on pretty well so far and if I can match these corresponding wires up correctly I'll be able to see if I can get things up and running again.

The disc turn clockwise and I have a 'blue' 'brown' and 'earth' wire. Could you please tell me what wires should go where?

U1 -
U2 -
Z2 -
P (1) -
P (2) -

Many thanks :)

The earth wire goes to the earth terminal.

Then follow the diagram; the circle with the ~ in it represents the mains. The live/neutral can be either way round.

Thanks very much! Can I just check that the below is correct for clockwise rotation as I can not afford to screw this motor up..

Many thanks :)

wires.jpg

I would read that as
u1 = l or n,
u2 = l or n and one leg of capacitor,
z2 = other leg of capacitor

I will caveat that I’m not an electrician!

Can I just check that the below is correct for clockwise

No, it’s not right. (Huh?)

The diagram shows the capacitor connected between U2 and Z2 for both directions of rotation.

As I said before, the ~ represents the mains in. The -||- is the capacitor.

Okay thanks endecotp, so other than the capacitor the live and neutral are correct?

Again, I'm not a Sparky, but looking at the supplied diagram with the motor, for clockwise rotation, you want to be connecting the supply to U1 and U2, then the capacitor between U2 and Z2.

No! (FFS!)
Agreed in CAPS
The capacitor goes between U2 and Z2
NEUTRAL goes to U1
LIVE goes to U2 for one direction or to Z2 for the other direction. Guess and go this one, no idea which way their 'clockwise' actually refers to (the translation implies to me that you need to look at the motor from the pulley end to determine the direction of rotation).

Thanks guys, I'm being told the following conflicting information...

"The schematic clearly shows that for a clockwise direction you should have Live (brown) on U1, Neutral (blue) on U2 and the capacitor wired between U2 and Z2.

It couldn't be clearer."

Can I check that live and neutral are definitely U2 and U1?

Heres hoping to get this thing running again today!

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back