Kitchen appliance isolation switches

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,

Am just about to tile my kitchen and the missus wants brushed steel electric switches and sockets. Only thing is, because it's a pretty new house the appliances have been isolated above the worktops using a 3 way isolation switch. It's the type with chunky buttons with labels on the buttons for dishwasher etc. I can't seem to find any suitable straigtforward metal clad replacement? Any ideas or shall I just palm her off and say it has to stay white?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
GET and MK are the main suppliers of grid switches and plates / covers.

You need to confirm which make, but I suspect they are MK ones !

http://www.tradingdepot.co.uk/DEF/product/!!K3433MCO!!/

K3433MCO.jpg

I'll take a photo tonight. Not sure of the brand, but i think it is a 4 module unit with the 4th blanked out, if you know what I mean.

Sponsored Links
I'll take a photo tonight. Not sure of the brand, but i think it is a 4 module unit with the 4th blanked out, if you know what I mean.

You enjoy wasting other peoples time ? FFS 1st it's a 3w and now it's a 4w !

Thanks for wasting my time.

http://www.tradingdepot.co.uk/DEF/product/!!K3434MCO!!/

K3434MCO.jpg

Next time, why don't you TRY and post an accurate and correct question based on known facts, rather that guessing, getting it wrong and pizzing in the wind.

You enjoy wasting other peoples time ? FFS 1st it's a 3w and now it's a 4w !

Thanks for wasting my time.

http://www.tradingdepot.co.uk/DEF/product/!!K3434MCO!!/

Next time, why don't you TRY and post an accurate and correct question based on known facts, rather that guessing, getting it wrong and pizzing in the wind.

Are you for ****in' real? I've met less touchy women. You're on an internet forum FFS, you can't be that busy!

To Roach, ignore all the sarcasm. It's light-hearted banter (I think). Send the pictures, ask anything you like, most people on this forum will help you.

As you know, a grid is available as a 3 or 4 gang plate, and will fit a standard 'double' box. The switch modules you require will presumably be 20 amp double pole. You can check the old one. You may be lucky enough to re-use the old switch modules with the new plate.

That should be fine. Not certain on the existing switch but I think it's RPP.

Are you having flat plate accesories in your kitchen, or standard plates which stick off the wall about 6mm or so?

Thanks. I think she wants stick off the wall type :rolleyes: This is going to work out expensive!

Yep afraid so. You're normally looking about £40 or so for a 3 gang switch.

Don't forget you'll need to buy a grid frame too.

It looks like Rpp as Rf says, your cheapest opton is keep the switches and just change the surround.

Removal of the two screws is safe and will remove the cover and leave the rest in situ.

The make is most likely stamped on the inside.
If not do a pic of the exposed metal grid whilst it is off.

CEF stock Rpp if it is and will advise what is available to replace it,
Most likely less than £20 for a silver cover if they do one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back