Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm am looking to replace my kitchen doors, drawers, end panels and kickboards with 18mm birch plywood.

What is the best way to remove the end panels particularly where they are situated either side of the oven. I believe they are secured with screws inside the cabinets but I can't imagine they will just pull out easily.

Will I need to remove the worktop and if so, can I re-lay the same worktop? I have a Belfast sink so replacing the worktop won't be cheap and I'd rather avoid it if possible.

Photo of the monstrosity attached!

Thank you :)

Attachments

• 30104_200786778_IMG_03_0000.jpg
    30104_200786778_IMG_03_0000.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
What is the best way to remove the end panels particularly where they are situated either side of the oven.

Once you have lifted the oven out, I expect the screws will be easy.

Though in your pic I cant see any end panels except on your wall cabinet.

I hope you will be adding an extractor duct. It can go above the wall units.

Sponsored Links
Why are they pointless? Extractors which expell air outside reduce the amount of water vapour inside the house. Or are you saying condendation indoors is good?

OP - In order to replace some of those decor end panels you may be into a lot of work. For example the ones either side of the extractor cabinet might require the extractor to be disconnected and the extractor cabinet to be remove before you can get at the panels. Same sort of thing may go for around the Belfast sink. In all probability all the pelmets and cornices will also need to come off. Fortunately, most of the time decor end panels are fixed with 4 to 6 screws through the inside of cabinet walls - just watch out for screws hidden underneath hinge plates, behind shelves, down peg holes, etc

TBH if you can get away with sanding and refinishing the worktops I'd do that. Replacing a sink around a Belfast with falling drain grooves, underside drip
grooves, etc is a fair bit of work

Last edited by a moderator:
You schieve about 50 times more ventilation with the window open a tad than any noisy pointless extractor.

You schieve about 50 times more ventilation with the window open a tad than any noisy pointless extractor.

Possibly true, if there is also a matching route for incoming air, but the point about an extractor hood, is they are able to extract moist air at source - long before it gets a chance to condense out on cooler walls.

And if the wind happens to be blowing inward, it will push cooking odours, damp, and greasy fumes into your house.

Sometimes I get a steamy window in my kitchen during cooking, I open the window, the window clears, this has never failed.

We've always inherited one whenever we've moved, never used them in earnest though, tried them but never persisted with them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back