Kitchen ring main cable size

I wasn't shouting - I was making the word "new" larger, as you seem to have missed it.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
(6A) A person intending to carry out building work in relation to which Part P of Schedule 1 imposes a requirement is required to give a building notice or deposit full plans where the work consists of—

(a)the installation of a new circuit;

Assuming "ring main" literally means (ring final) circuit, then yes it's notifiable, however from the context it could well be a replacement, as presumably there's a circuit already that isn't as extensive as needed.
You can extend a single socket attached to a b32 with 20cm of t&e into a new ring covering your entire house (except for your bath shower areas) and that wouldn't be notifiable.

Assuming "ring main" literally means (ring final) circuit, then yes it's notifiable, however from the context it could well be a replacement, as presumably there's a circuit already that isn't as extensive as needed.
The OP said it was new.

You can extend a single socket attached to a b32 with 20cm of t&e into a new ring covering your entire house (except for your bath shower areas) and that wouldn't be notifiable.
Nor would it be a new circuit.

Well presumably he pmed you directly with that information because as far as I can tell he's abandoned this thread after his first post (and I don't blame him)

No he hasn't PM'd me.

I read his first post, wherein he said it was a new circuit.

In that case rewind yourself to Today at 10:03 AM and start again from that point.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back