Kitchen worktop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i moved my fridge to another location and the washing machine to the end. I plan on fitting a 500mm base unit in the gap however I am left with a worktop that stops where the fridge was. Would I need to replace the entire length of worktop or can I buy one and use an off cut to attach to the current one? (I am getting a joiner to do the job). The reason I am asking is because I don't really want to risk taking the entire length of I case I damage the tiles. thanks in advance.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    148.4 KB · Views: 57
Sponsored Links
You can get metal strips to hide the join would be difficult to gets new to old match seamless.

What’s more important to you , a nice look to the worktop or a few easily replaced tiles.

Sponsored Links
I don't really want to risk taking the entire length of I case I damage the tiles
To get a quality joint, the existing piece will need to be taken off anyway - so may as well get a whole new length.

As for the tiles - surely you will be adding more tiles to the bare wall anyway? , so in the unlikely situation of one or two breaking, it's not a big deal to replace them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back