Kiwi fruits

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Aren't Kiwi fruits great?

I eat the skins too - does anyone else do this or is it just me? And do you remember those 'golden' ones that were out a few years back? They were lovely.

There was a movement a while back to call them "Zespri" as New Zealanders didn't want them called "Kiwis", or something. And they used to be called "Chinese Gooseberries"! Amazing!

Sponsored Links
Maywell be wrong here not..but I don't think your supposed to eat the skins of them things as they contain a chemical that can be poisonous to humans..like I say, don'tknow if it is true or some old wives tale I picked up somewhere, but worth checking out..

notb665 said:
Aren't Kiwi fruits great?

I eat the skins too - does anyone else do this or is it just me? And do you remember those 'golden' ones that were out a few years back? They were lovely.

There was a movement a while back to call them "Zespri" as New Zealanders didn't want them called "Kiwis", or something. And they used to be called "Chinese Gooseberries"! Amazing!

google shows this

I've been eating them skin-and-all for years. I thought it was just me that did that.

I just wish they didn't look like a Labrador's love spuds.

joe

Sponsored Links
Thanks BAS...good info on that link..and showing what I thought was possibly the case it rubbish...personally though I don't eat Kiwi's, not a fruit I like personally..but then I'm not a big fruit fan..

Big_Spark said:
but then I'm not a big fruit fan..

But kiwis are small fruit ;)

Wonder if they could crossbreed a kiwi with a watermelon? :LOL:

joe-90 said:
I've been eating them skin-and-all for years. I thought it was just me that did that.

I just wish they didn't look like a Labrador's love spuds.

joe

that is one sick dog if they do

Big_Spark said:
Thanks BAS...good info on that link..and showing what I thought was possibly the case it rubbish...personally though I don't eat Kiwi's, not a fruit I like personally..but then I'm not a big fruit fan..

Ahem! (loud cough) ban all sheds has not yet posted here, with regards to kiwi fruit

well tyhase niever affiected moei soll idl judst craay oin etaeing theeem.

Sponsored Links
Back