Laminate flooring threshold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I bought one of these http://www.wickes.co.uk/invt/201521 and my floor is 8mm laminate timber sitting on 5mm underlay sitting on a concrete floor. My question is how do I fit this? It has a peel off sticker at the back but if I stick this to the underlay it will get hairy and I doubt it will hold, so do I cut a section out of the underlay and then stick the bar directly on the concrete ?

Sponsored Links
any bar or strip must be fixed to something solid to do its job

although that one seems to clip under so may be different :?: :?:

Unsuitable for that application , needs a timber surface ideally. The base of any threshold strip need to fit to original floor surface and then clamps over both underlay and flooring.
I would use a different type, I like the threshold strips stocked by Selco , can be dyed to a variety of finishes and are half the price Wickes.
With a concrete floor the base strip will need fixing with plug and screw.
Unless you happen to have a carpet layer hot glue gun.

Sponsored Links
Wish I'd read this before doing it. Basically I took the peel off the back of the thing and stuck it down to the underlay but realized this wouldn't work out so I glued it to the underlay with gripfill. It's actually holding solid but I doubt it'll hold long term. I won't redo as not got the time but next time I'll cut a section in the underlay, plug and screw + grillfill directly to the concrete if/when they come loose. Looks the part though - also I'll try the Selco ones as recommended, these wickes ones are too expensive

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back