Land Rovers

I know I'm only about 12 months late, but saw this thread and realised it needed a bit of additional info'.
I've had my 300TDi for well over 10 years and added the Zeus conversion for the cambelt when it was around 65,000 miles. It replaces the cambelt with timing gears. The cambelt case becomes like an oil bath, by changing an oil seal. No more cambelt changing ever again. It's not cheap at about £800 10 years ago, but then a broken cambelt is not cheap either, and depending on the circumstances when it breaks........well nufffsaid! Will do same again if needed in the future.
Other smaller advantages: the drain plug at the bottom of the cambelt case is left in permanently (ideal for water/off road etc) and a slightly (ever so slightly) improved performance due to less slack in the cambelt/timing gear setup.
Over 180,000 miles, well used, abused even. towed heavy trailers with digger. Up mountains (ski lift maintenance tracks) fully laden, pulled trees over, even moved a shed on allotment by pulling shed complete. You'll do stuff you couldn't imagine.
You either love 'em or you hate 'em. I hate 'em but wouldn't change it.

Sponsored Links
Back