landlords gas check legal requirements

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
could someone clarify
tightness test on landlords cert not legal requirement ( surely not)
co test not legal requirement?
thanks
confused!!

Sponsored Links
tightness test is a must, co check not necessary.
Various other parts are needed, all laid out in GSIUR.
Are you a RGI?

yes i am.im asking because the corgi guy said tightness test is not a legal requirement.

the co test im confused as i always thought manufactuers ask for co test on condensing whenever test. however look at ideals . no co test points!!!

Sponsored Links
Not performing a Tightness Test!!!

Its Gassafe by the way!

A friend of mine had a LLC done and the meter was locked in the garage (under my instruction as I wanted to set up the coucil contractors). The engineer didnt even ask to enter the garage - and I had loosened the inlet test pressure nipple on the boilers gas valve.

Needless to say he is now sacked!

Vindictive.... yes. But he cant do it again.

Paul

So your saying you left a leak then locked access to main tap.
And thats clever :rolleyes:

gassafeman";p="1298985 said:
Not performing a Tightness Test!!!

Its Gassafe by the way!

- and I had loosened the inlet test pressure nipple on the boilers gas valve.

not doubting your motives for sticking in a dodgy guy, but not sure about you methods, deliberately sabotaging an appliance and leaving a leak is RIDDOR reportable, unless you can explain how you did it safely.

...Vindictive.... yes. But he cant do it again.

That is not vindictive. You knew somebody who cowboyed around, and provided evidence that he was putting people's lives at risk.
He either did that knowingly in which case he deserved to get sacked, or he was incompetent in which case he deserved to get fired.

So you also think leaving an uncontrolled gas leak is fine then.... get feking real

off the subject. yes it was the corgi guy when i had my yearly visit last year. confirmed it with council gas contracting firm. it is not a legal requirement of cp12. the section is there to encourage you do the test . his quote!!!i kid you not.

yes he's right, tightness test isn't a legal requirment.

here we go... :D

a landlord MUST confirm all pipework in the property is safe, the EASIEST way to confirm this is to do a tightness test so it has become a (good) habit, not sure how else we can confirm it is safe but could be one for the lawyers to argue about the phrase "must a tightness test be done"

on the vindictive note. yes that is bad. not only leaving a gas leak but setting up an employee. i wonder how many times he hasnt bothered with tighness test when seeing the meter is next to the boiler ( only gas appliance) but test nipple not accessible or blocked by piles of heavy crap.and thought well no smellof guess, customer says no smell and no gas run to speak of!!! come on mate. i hope someone sets you up. no one does everything by the book all of the time. i wonder how you would feel if someone set you up to get points on your licence ( losing your job) just to prove how bad of a driver you are whilst compromising your safety and theirs!! what a sad turnip.!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back