landlords gas check legal requirements

4 Mins - 6 Mins For Feks sake Ive been doin T/Testing for Thirty Six Years now. Why does every post on this p***y forum end up in so called experts pathetically nit picking, I thought the whole point of this forum was to give sensible advice in accordance with GSUR etc etc to people who at the end of the day only want a bit of help? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Could it be because there are other so called experts on here giving out advice but how relaible is that advice if they cannot even get the basics right FFS

4 Mins - 6 Mins For Feks sake Ive been doin T/Testing for Thirty Six Years now.
How come then that after 36 years you still don't know how long the most basic and simple test takes?
It could of course be a simple "slip of the tongue", but I frequently find gross blunders from people that think they are beyond questioning solely based on the length of time they have been in the business.
Always reminds me of the 84-year olds taking 3 minutes to do a u-turn on a busy A-road, and then they go; "Young man, I've been driving for 65 years.................

Minimum time to do a T/Test 4 mins, time taken to locate meter 30 secs, time taken to clear cupboard of junk 2 mins, time taken to set up u gauge or manometer 30 secs, on completion of test time taken to test test nipple for leakage 10 secs, time taken to put crap back in cupboard ??? are all you nit picking T***S starting to get the idea? :mad:

Sponsored Links
61 mins before a bite i was expecting it earlier but then Engurland has been on telly.
You should have done this in your ACS if not last time at least the time before.

you need not do a tightness test on a cp12

as for someone leaving a deliberate gas leak to get someone else the sack is not clever or very safe ffs and why you would want to tell everyone in here about it :?:

Ben .... Worked it out yet....... clue not all soundness tests are done with gas

Ben .... Worked it out yet....... clue not all soundness tests are done with gas
do we not only do tightness tests now, only mentioning this as the post seems to have gone completely anal anyway!!
surely a domestic tightness test is 2 minutes, whatever you use, as the others are related tests, not tightness tests, let by, temp stability etc

[quote="gaspro1981";p="1301374"]you need not do a tightness test on a cp12
not sure you can say that as a CP1/12 is used to carry out a specific job, and the contract may list a tightness test as part of the job, although you may be talking generic here, but as discussed before a landlord must get confirmation gas carcass is safe to use, so if you make the statement and your client does not ask for it how do you confirm the gas carcass is safe?

as for someone leaving a deliberate gas leak to get someone else the sack is not clever or very safe ffs and why you would want to tell everyone in here about it :?:[/quote]

God help you all when you get asked to do a UP1 Test on some real pipework then we'll see ;)

God help you all when you get asked to do a UP1 Test on some real pipework then we'll see

and a strength test

and a nitrogen purge

all you domestic boy`s........... yer aw fannybaws!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NAW . that was a loads of headless chickens in norway last night

namsag, ssshhh, i don`t think anybody has mentioned it on here yet.

i think if we keep it quiet we might just get away with it.

ps, burley is an alcoholic idiot

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back