Large Distribution Unit up for Grabs - How do we dispose of?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Experts
We are doing some clearances in our unit at the moment and starting to look at ridding ourselves of some gear we dont need. Something which is rather large is the below unit.

Made by Merlin Gerin its never been used and we are looking for some advice on who to sell it to, or if any of you are interested.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Paul

Sponsored Links
It looks like some sort of distribution unit, can you post photo's of the individual enclosures?

Probably no use to anyone in this country other than for spares. You might find a buyer for it towards the middle/far east. There are dealers who sell our old machinery etc to that market so it might be worthwhile trying your luck.

Sponsored Links
It's built to spec, so not really suited to be used elsewhere, more trouble than it's worth trying to cobble it together for another site.

It is only worth the value of the MCB's and MCCB's and other ancilaries.

Thanks all so far. If anyone does know of anywhere to sell it then please let me know.
Regards

eBay was going to be my first venue, but realistically had no idea how to price it. Have any of you got any idea what we should be looking for?
Thanks

IHANI

A tiny fraction of what was paid for it. As lectrician says it's breaking for spares time - you should be able to research the price of those.

If I'm right that it's built into 19" racks they'll be worth something too - they are surprisingly expensive new.

Have you asked Merlin Gelin if they can re-use any of it?

I don't know if they would consider it secondhand, yet in theory they could make the best use of it - though they wouldn't want to pay much I would imagine.

How much are you hoping for? Thousands, hundreds, fiver?

On e-bay you may have more luck stripping it down as spares, but would take forever to sell.

The MCBs a worth about £2 each SP and £5 each TP. No one want's merlin any more except for matching on old installs.

The MCCBs might get £50 each for.

Sell the rest for scrap. There might be £100 there if you're lucky.

I'll give you £50 for the volt meter / ammeter panel and associated CTs etc.

It's hard to imagine that it has never been used given that all the circuits are numbered in an arbitrary manner. The large isolator in the last panel is labelled as VAX9000 which is a minicomputer dating back to the early 1990's

Made by Merlin Gerin its never been used and we are looking for some advice on who to sell it to, or if any of you are interested.

I'd put money on that lot being used kit

It's hard to imagine that it has never been used given that all the circuits are numbered in an arbitrary manner. The large isolator in the last panel is labelled as VAX9000 which is a minicomputer dating back to the early 1990's

my thoughts too slup you just beat me to it, It also seems to come preinstalled with a handy trunking earthing strap sticking out the bottom (last pic)

any chance of photo's of the top, bottom and sides gunnersellit?
It will be interesting to see if it has come "pre-drilled" ;)

Matt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back