Large Garage Building Regs Requirements

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm thinking of building a large garage in my garden, and want it over 30m2. It will be 2m from the boundary and made of timber.

It's clear online that it then requires building regulations, but it's not clear which regulations apply? Surely I dont need to adhere to all the latest insulation requirements etc for a garage?

I dont plan to heat it (just use a plug in fan heater if working in there) but would like a sink with drainage in there unless that brings more difficult regs into play.

Any information is appreciated.

Sponsored Links
The ones that apply are the ones that apply for whatever use the building is being put to. But not habitable equals no requirement for thermal comfort (Part L). Otherwise, all the others will apply to varying degrees except Part M (Disabled Access) and Part Q (Security)

Structure, fire safety, mainly, and safety and protection things generally.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back